Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sir Nick Clegg ?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Saw a Sky news link suggesting that Nick Clegg is set for a knighthood,can anyone add any more ? It,s not April 1st yet is it ?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think history will look back favourably on Clegg once the Brexit clusterf*ck has fully played out.

Thank you Mr. Clegg for putting a 5 -year brake on Cameron and the rest of his Tory f*ckwits.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'm still not convinced that this isn't a joke - why would he get a knighthood? How is there ANY argument that he should get one for doing a pretty irrelevant job for just 5 years.

If being Deputy PM qualifies you for a knighthood, regardless of what happened during the tenure, then the whole system is even more pointless than it seems.

And where's Tony Blair's knighthood for being the Prime Minister for 10 years?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
.......and history will no doubt look back on him as such. I think 'a failed remainer' will be a suitable epitaph.
Or "a successful remainer " ..... many a drop spilt tween cup and lip....

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Or "a successful remainer " ..... many a drop spilt tween cup and lip....

You mean he will happily go on to have a few lucrative directorships/sinecures somewhere? Yes, you're probably right - that's often the 'fate' of failed politicians. Just fewer opportunities now that Brussels doesn't offer a few extra chances, eh?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
You mean he will happily go on to have a few lucrative directorships/sinecures somewhere? Yes, you're probably right - that's often the 'fate' of failed politicians. Just fewer opportunities now that Brussels doesn't offer a few extra chances, eh?

You're not a Brexiteer by any chance are you? It's just that you've never mentioned it before. #crushingbore

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You're not a Brexiteer by any chance are you? It's just that you've never mentioned it before. #crushingbore

Well I am, but I wouldn't be the #crushingbore that introduced Brexit to this thread, would I? (see post #5, kettle, black, pot, calling etc.)

Strange how the desperate seem to try to bring their agenda on to any thread where it might get an airing, eh?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Oh good, does this mean we can forget about the tedious 'Christmas Truce' and get on with ripping each other apart on the Brexit thread ??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here