Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Half Season Report

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Half Season Report

We've played all the teams. How do you rate the opposition on their performances against us?
And include us in the ratings

Man C 10
Chelsea 8
Liverpool 8
Arsenal 7
-------------------------------
Spurs 7
Man U 5
Leicester 5
Huddersfield 4
So'ton 4
Stoke 4
Albion 4
Palace 4
B'mouth 4
Newcastle 4
Burnley 4
West Ham 4
Watford 4
Everton 4
WBA 3
Swansea 3

x 10 for expected points totals if they played all games against us.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Only seen us play 6 times so can't comment on the rest from my armchair transistor radio view .

Liverpool 9 us 3
Leicester 7 us 4
Man City 7 us 5
Spurs 6 us 3
Burnley 5 us 6
West Ham 4 us 8

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Half Season Report

We've played all the teams. How do you rate the opposition on their performances against us?
And include us in the ratings

Man C 10
Chelsea 8
Liverpool 8
Arsenal 7
Spurs 7
Man U 5
Leicester 5
Huddersfield 4
So'ton 4
Stoke 4
Albion 4
Palace 4
B'mouth 4
Newcastle 4
Burnley 4
West Ham 4
Watford 4
Everton 4
WBA 3
Swansea 3

x 10 for expected points totals if they played all games against us.
On the basis of their performance against us you would seriously expect Man. City to finish above Liverpool?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
How you can give City 10 and Liverpool 8 is beyond me. I can only assume you are influenced by their current standings and not just from what we've seen.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Liverpool were by far and away the best team we’ve played against. City controlled the game through possession, but Liverpool were genuinely terrifying going forward and properly ripped us a new one.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
On the basis of their performance against us you would seriously expect Man. City to finish above Liverpool?

How you can give City 10 and Liverpool 8 is beyond me. I can only assume you are influenced by their current standings and not just from what we've seen.

Liverpool were by far and away the best team we’ve played against. City controlled the game through possession, but Liverpool were genuinely terrifying going forward and properly ripped us a new one.

Whilst, I don't really understand the premise of the OP (based on the performance against us, Swansea would get ZERO points over the season, for example) I'll kind of agree with him on the City / Liverpool thing.

If we played that game against City 10 times, I'm certain we'd lose all 10. they completely controlled it.

Devastating though Liverpool were, they did not have that same control, and offered up quite a few chances. Replay that game 10 times and we COULD conceivably pick up a result or two.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Look at who the OP is, he doesn't understand football so it's not surprising he has Man City above Liverpool. I actually think we played better against Liverpool than the score line suggests which shows just how good they were going forward that day.

He's also got sides that beat us (Bournemouth and Huddersfield) on the same as West Ham who we ripped apart and Watford who we should have battered twice and would have done with a decent striker.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Hmm Leicester who comfortably beat us 2-0 lower than Man Utd and Spurs who needed three flukes for their three goals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here