Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Iceland fail to deliver turkey with online order for Xmas

Bansko Seagull

Bansko Seagull
May 6, 2009
Worthing, West Sussex
I received a message saying my online order would be delivered as booked last Friday between 3 and 5pm but they were out of stock of turkey. 5 days later and countless messages (mostly incorrect copy and paste replies) they kindly informed me that they had reviewed my order and I had now been charged for the turkey I had received! I have only been querying where my free substitute item is that they offered having failed to deliver a turkey. Their incompetence is beyond belief. Did anyone else experience problems with the 'Online Retailer of the Year'.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
What did you eat then just the trimmings?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
My family have always bought the turkey direct from the butchers a few days before Christmas.

Why would anyone leave this key meal to chance? The pickers for these supermarkets are usually kids and I see Tesco's is in the news today for delivering rancid turkeys to customers.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Should have got a lovely fresh Tesco turkey instead

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I have to say, I can think of better places to get a turkey than Icelands? Still, bad customer service.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Deliverable foods/chosen by a picker = Tins, cartons, dry foods, pastas. stuff in jars, cereals, bulky heavy stuff, cans, frozen bits
Foods which shouldnt rely on someone else ie go to the shop/butcher/grocer = TURKEYs/other meats, fruit and veg, eggs...

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
Tried shopping online once with Tesco's just to test the water before Xmas. Never again. Over 60% of the items had little or no time left in eat by/ use by dates. As a result back in person to buy those items again. Online supermarket shopping is brilliant for people who cannot for whatever reason go to the shops in person.
Iceland is good for the Greggs range of goodies a d that's all.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Why anyone would shop at Iceland is beyond me. Horrible chav ridden shop.

The branch in Rustington is first class, no chavs there.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Nothing wrong with a frozen turkey from Iceland - pretty much the same as any other frozen turkey. But, unless you're housebound or otherwise seriously un-enabled (in which case my apologies) there are umpteen supermarkets dotted all around the Worthing area, so why not just go and buy one of the blooming birds, like many of the rest of us?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Mrs V used to have a bit of a game every Christmas with her family and leave it as late as possible for the Turkey. As most of the family were coming to mine this year I simply purchased a frozen free Range Turkey in early December, simples.

Mrs V used to have a bit of a game every Christmas with her family and leave it as late as possible for the Turkey. As most of the family were coming to mine this year I simply purchased a frozen free Range Turkey in early December, simples.

Not if you haven't got anywhere to store said Turkey it's not that simple.

I've only got a fridge freezer that has 4 freezer drawers, aint no turkey going in any of them.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Wonder how many people buy a turkey for xmas thinking its freshly slaughtered but what they have actually bought is one that was killed ages ago, frozen and just been delivered to the supermarket defrosted .
Cant imagine millions of punters all reading the small print on the label.

anyway,its mostly about how you cook it, doesnt make it super special because its double the price, been reared up Prince Charles backside and basted by a free range masturbating badger

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

I've only got a fridge freezer that has 4 freezer drawers, aint no turkey going in any of them.

Ah, I have a chest freezer in my outhouse, great for the veg surplus from the allotment and my home smoked fish and that Turkey.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Go to a shop and buy one a few days before Christmas. It'll take best part of 48 hours art room temperature to thaw out; perfectly edible for two or three days after that. No problem. No need for an obsession to have one delivered on Christmas Eve (which will probably need a bit of microwave help to thaw in time for Christmas Day anyway). Geez - snowflake generation - does 'snowflake' include turkeys now, ffs?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Go to a shop and buy one a few days before Christmas. It'll take best part of 48 hours art room temperature to thaw out; perfectly edible for two or three days after that. No problem. No need for an obsession to have one delivered on Christmas Eve (which will probably need a bit of microwave help to thaw in time for Christmas Day anyway). Geez - snowflake generation - does 'snowflake' include turkeys now, ffs?

Fork me, this does beg the question how big is your bloody microwave?Do you have to knee the last bit in?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
We ordered ours from M&S in October, collected in our delivery slot on Christmas Eve having queued for 2 minutes, no issues for us

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
There'll be a few posts in a minute from people deriding your use of Iceland, even though they've probably never samples their food themselves.

Why anyone would shop at Iceland is beyond me. Horrible chav ridden shop.

I have to say, I can think of better places to get a turkey than Icelands? Still, bad customer service.

It took less than an hour. This site really does run like clockwork.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here