Brighton
Ryan 7.5
Schelotto 7
Duffy 6
Dunk 6
Suttner 7
March 5
Propper 6
Stephens 6 - Really hot and cold game. Some really good bits but some bad bits as well.
Kayal 8 MOTM - Absolute class, hopefully he'll start more games
Izquierdo 5
Hemed 6

Gross 6
Murray N/A - Tempting to give a 5 after his good chance that didn't go in anyway was ruled out due to him being offside. Again.
Knockaert N/A - Should have replaced March at half time

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Ryan 7
Schelotto 6
Suttner 6
Dunk 7
Duffy 6
March 5
Stephens 7
Propper 6
Kayal 7
Izquierdo 5
Hemed 6

Gross 5
Murray n/a
Knockaert n/a

Thought the first half defensively was excellent. The second for 25 mins, we were basically outplayed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not seen any replays at all but as I saw it.........

Ryan - 8.5 - MOTM - nothing he could do about the goals from what I could see, and several good saves (and at least a couple of exceptional saves). Good distribution. Turning into a bit of a superstar IMHO

Schelotto - 7.5 - much better from him. Better positioning, some decent tackles, good anticipation and looks good breaking forward. Rapid.

Dunk - 7 - as usual mostly very solid but not sure what he was doing for the first goal (although not seen a replay yet)

Duffy - 7.5 - solid.

Suttner - 7 - unsurprisingly not as effective as against Watford but did well defensively

Stephens - 7 - tough game for him, Davy and Beram. Broke play up well several times but quite a few misplaced passes again

Propper - 6.5 - did ok but didn’t really stand out

Kayal - 6.5 - same as Propper. Great to have him back though, improves our options in CM, maybe he’ll be paired with Dale and Propper can play in the no 10 role against lesser teams if Gross needs a rest. Did his best when obviously told to play further forward when we went behind, but that is when Sam should’ve come on really

Izquierdo - 6.5 - frustrating for him again as didn’t get the ball enough. Very good defensively

March - 5 - very disappointing. No confidence at the moment. Making way too many wrong decisions

Hemed - 7 - won everything in the air, but was so isolated it wasn’t worth much. Absolutely worked his nuts off for the team.

Subs

Knocky - 7.5 - had an immediate impact despite short time on the pitch, couple of good runs and excellent crosses. Looked dangerous.

Murray - 6 - maybe could’ve made more of a couple of decent chances (caught offside for one of them again)

Gross - 6 - no real impact that I recall

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Stephens 6 - Really hot and cold game. Some really good bits but some bad bits as well.
Kayal 8 MOTM - Absolute class, hopefully he'll start more games

Murray N/A - Tempting to give a 5 after his good chance that didn't go in anyway was ruled out due to him being offside. Again.

I wasn't at the game but I haven noticed Stephens tends to blow hot and cold quite a lot during our recent matches. Some great moments, let down by lapses in concentration and too many miss-placed passes. Could it be time to give Kayal a few starts alongside Propper to freshen things up a bit? We've been short in numbers in central midfield due to Kayal and Sidwell both getting injured so Propper and Stephens have had to play a lot of football. Infact i think they both, along with Dunk and Ryan have played every minute of every Premier League game, very hard work in the engine room of our side.

Murray seems to have been watching the Elvis Manu guide to being a striker recently given how many times he's been caught offside.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
I wasn't at the game but I haven noticed Stephens tends to blow hot and cold quite a lot during our recent matches. Some great moments, let down by lapses in concentration and too many miss-placed passes. Could it be time to give Kayal a few starts alongside Propper to freshen things up a bit? We've been short in numbers in central midfield due to Kayal and Sidwell both getting injured so Propper and Stephens have had to play a lot of football. Infact i think they both, along with Dunk and Ryan have played every minute of every Premier League game, very hard work in the engine room of our side.

Murray seems to have been watching the Elvis Manu guide to being a striker recently given how many times he's been caught offside.

Would love for Kayal and Propper to be the CM pairing.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Going off MOTD I think they gave us 1 poor effort and it was all Chelsea. Matty Ryan looked to be the best player, other than that they didnt really show us touching the ball!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Going off MOTD I think they gave us 1 poor effort and it was all Chelsea. Matty Ryan looked to be the best player, other than that they didnt really show us touching the ball!

We actually had 3 near the end. Murray and Gross a step away from nearly putting away a brilliant Knockaert cross, Duffy header that should have been put away, Izquierdo shot that went over.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Ryan 7
Schelotto 6
Suttner 5
Dunk 7
Duffy 6
March 5
Stephens 7
Propper 6
Kayal 7
Izquierdo 5
Hemed 4

Gross 5
Murray N/A
Knockaert N/A

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
6 - average

Ryan 7
Schelotto 6
Suttner 6
Dunk 7
Duffy 6
March 5
Stephens 7
Propper 6
Kayal 7
Izquierdo 5
Hemed 6

Gross 5
Murray n/a
Knockaert n/a

Thought the first half defensively was excellent. The second for 25 mins, we were basically outplayed.

Ryan deserves more than 7. Several great saves stopped it being a rout. Nothing he could do about the goals.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
6 - average

Ryan 7
Schelotto 6
Suttner 6
Dunk 7
Duffy 6
March 5
Stephens 7
Propper 6
Kayal 7
Izquierdo 5
Hemed 6

Gross 5
Murray n/a
Knockaert n/a

As above apart from Ryan 8 & Izquierdo 7. March looked very poor yesterday, surprised he wasn’t taken off earlier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Ryan deserves more than 7. Several great saves stopped it being a rout. Nothing he could do about the goals.

No he doesn’t IMO, two good saves, others routine that he would have been disappointed to let in.

No chance with the goals as you say.

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008
Ryan 7.5 [made some top class saves].
Schelotto 6.5
Suttner 6.5
Dunk 7 [lost Morata for the goal, but otherwise very solid].
Duffy 6.5
March 4.5 [looked completely lost on the right].
Stephens 7
Propper 6
Kayal 8 [fantastic first half].
Izquierdo 5
Hemed 6

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Ryan 7 No chance with the goals
Schelotto 7 Got to a couple of crosses and headed clear under pressure, Bruno would not have got close!
Suttner 7 Good game
Dunk 8 We rely far too much on these two CB's against top sides
Duffy 8 As above
March 4 Very poor closed down every chance we had to attack on his side. Extraordinarily bad decision making for a professional at times.
Stephens 7 Steady
Propper Steady
Kayal 8 MOM
Izquierdo 5 Doesn't appear to want to run past defenders
Hemed 7 Must feel it's a pointless effort keep winning headers as he did yesterday. I actually believe Chelsea allowed him to win them so they could pick up the second ball

Gross n/a
Murray n/a
Knockaert n/a

Hughton 4 You set up the team to play negative. You then complain about conceding you can't expect our defence to defend under such intense circumstances for so long in games. Your subs are only ever like for like why not try something different.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Great to see Kayal getting back to his best. Could be a real asset for the rest of the season. Another positive was Schelotto - maybe he's not so terrible after all.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Problem is that last time Stephens had a rest we blew the chance of winning the Championship at Norwich.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here