Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] will Baldock ever play for the club again ?

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Yes.

Unfortunately for him it will be when we are chasing a game probably at The Amex though. CH seems to be sticking to a set formation and game plan away from home. We were crying out for his pace and movement in the second half yesterday.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Maybe not. A case could be built that he is being sold in January.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
No he is plan B Chris only wants plan A. Crying out for someone different yesterday but all we got was like for like subs, very disappointing.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
No he is plan B Chris only wants plan A. Crying out for someone different yesterday but all we got was like for like subs, very disappointing.

Seemed like the perfect opportunity to give him a run out for 20 minutes. Unless of course CH is worried about him picking up an injury before any potential sale. Anyway, it would be good to see him given a chance in the stripes - my bet is the Palace cup game.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Good question. I haven't a clue, but it's beginning to look odd that he doesn't get a run out even for a few minutes. Disappointing that (just my personal opinion).

Can't see him being sold - we're already one short in the striker pool; getting one striker in in January will cost an arm and a leg. How many spare arms and legs has TB got? Finding one will be difficult, two? - dream on!

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Following him not playing for the club this season.been on the bench 3 times now without getting on.
Didn't he suffer a set back coming back from surgery to his calf? I'd like to see him start alongside Murray or Hemed against Bournemouth but I doubt that's likely.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’ve been a big fan of the lad. I can only assume that he is on the bench to show prospective clubs that he is fit and valued as CH seems to have no intention of bringing him on ahead of Murray, Hemed, Groß or Brown.

Therefore, we must sell. Based on his performance last year (best 2nd striker in the league by a distance), we’d be getting £7m+ from overspending Championship sides like Norwich, Massive, Leeds, Boro or Derby. That should offset (a little) the cost of our new U23 superstar striker and Andone.

Like Stockdale, he’ll be remembered as a hero of our promotion year with some quite fantastic goals and always 10/10 for effort and running. All the best to him. I just wish I’d been able to see him perform in the Premier League for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I’ve been a big fan of the lad. I can only assume that he is on the bench to show prospective clubs that he is fit and valued as CH seems to have no intention of bringing him on ahead of Murray, Hemed, Groß or Brown.

Therefore, we must sell. Based on his performance last year (best 2nd striker in the league by a distance), we’d be getting £7m+ from overspending Championship sides like Norwich, Massive, Leeds, Boro or Derby. That should offset (a little) the cost of our new U23 superstar striker and Andone.

Like Stockdale, he’ll be remembered as a hero of our promotion year with some quite fantastic goals and always 10/10 for effort and running. All the best to him. I just wish I’d been able to see him perform in the Premier League for us.

I haven’t mentally prepared for that scenario, he must play

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

I know sentiment doesn't come into it as far as professional football is concerned, but if - and I think it's a great big if - we are going to sell him to a big money Championship club, surely we can let the lad have a few minutes on the pitch, just so that he can tell his grand-kids that he played in the PL.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

But surely these teams aren't completely stupid and know the lad's injury record... And will notice he hasn't played?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
The problem many seem to be ignoring is that SB is really only any good acting as a foil for a fellow striker, and not as a stand alone. All the while Houghton only plays the one up front SB won't get a look in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here