Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Lewis Hamilton apologising for remark to nephew

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Now, I think LH is an absolute ****, and F1 extremely boring, but that aside, how on earth have we got to the point that this is considered offensive?

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-42486085#

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

We are well on the way as a society to a destination yet to be determined.......

In 20 years or so, some people will be marrying their dogs or forming meaningful legally acceptable relationships with inanimate objects; no doubt at that time on Twitter successful sportsmen and women will fall into the same trap as Lewis.

Hopefully by then I will be dead.

Nibbler

710 77345
Aug 12, 2014
Westdene
He probably shouldn't be posting videos of his nephew online for all and sundry to see (especially wearing a dress). It could be quite embarrassing for the little fella in later years.

However, to get the right-on anti-bullying brigade sticking their oar in is a bit much.

He says "I hope I can be forgiven for this lapse in judgement." Hmmm, I would be telling them to mind their own business. I can only guess he's terrified of a twitter shit storm erupting. Sad times.

Buffalo Seagull

Jun 1, 2006
Geelong, Vic, Australia
How have we come to this point? We’ve finally recognised the mental health problems and high suicide rates among people with gender dysphoria, which are largely created and reinforced by inflicting gender stereotypes on people. To simply brush it off as the “world gone crazy” or to blame the “PC brigade” is to totally miss the point and/or ignore the issue.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Assuming the title will attract F1 petrolheads can you guys do me a favour.

Can you point me in the direction of a popular forum, that perhaps has a 'vintage' section, or just 'the' F1 forum.

I'm trying to track down a specific incident concerning Fangio, in a Ferrari, tiptoeing through a crash in Italy.
I've read one report on it, but am jiggered if I can find it again.

Ta muchly.

Assuming the title will attract F1 petrolheads can you guys do me a favour.

Can you point me in the direction of a popular forum, that perhaps has a 'vintage' section, or just 'the' F1 forum.

I'm trying to track down a specific incident concerning Fangio, in a Ferrari, tiptoeing through a crash in Italy.
I've read one report on it, but am jiggered if I can find it again.

Ta muchly.

I think I know the incident.

He was coming up to a blind corner when something in his head told him to slow down. As he rounded the corner he came across a scene of carnage that had he been going full chat he would have been part of it.

It was only weeks later when he was trying to work out what had made him slow and he had replayed the incident in his head over and over he realised that the crowd weren't looking at him but round the corner.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He shouldn't have put it up on the internet - really, people, especially celebs, should think twice before putting anything on social media; in fact, a lot of the time it would be better if they avoided social media at all.

As for his comments, surely even today most of the time boys don't wear dresses.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
It was a bad call and any child or adult for that matter should be able to express themselves freely. That kind of raised voice “boys don’t or girls don’t”...... is mostly a male thing I guess. Whatever the reasons for the apology though, he has apologised. He’s just fallen into that trap of feeling he has to say something like that because that is the standard expected reaction he should give as “Man”

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
If you can't see how it is offensive you are part of the problem to be honest, and should probably shut up.

I'm sorry, but this attitude is a bigger part of the problem.

He said something to his nephew that reinforces gender stereotyping.
Not great, no. But not exactly the most terrible thing anyone from the LGBT community has ever heard.

People should be allowed to think what they want and even say what they want.
They may well be wrong, but that isn't the point.
You don't change people's minds, by forcing them to think like you.
In fact quite the opposite.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It is wrong to reinforce gender stereotypes. It is the reason we still have a pay gap etc etc.
It is also pretty depressing that this makes the news though, given thousands of ither people do the same everyday and nothing gets said.

I'm sorry but people reinforcing gender stereotypes is not the reason we have a pay gap.
The pay gap issue could be resolved with strong and enforceable legislation.
It's just that no-one in power wants to address the problem directly.

That is a far bigger problem than some people still thinking boys should be boys and girls should be girls.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think I know the incident.

He was coming up to a blind corner when something in his head told him to slow down. As he rounded the corner he came across a scene of carnage that had he been going full chat he would have been part of it.

It was only weeks later when he was trying to work out what had made him slow and he had replayed the incident in his head over and over he realised that the crowd weren't looking at him but round the corner.

That is the incident I'm just after but I need the race details.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Christ on a bike. All you Daily Mail reading wankers need to dry up. The sum total of the 'politically correct' brigade who give the tiniest of a toss about this is "founder of anti-bullying charity Ditch the Label Liam Hackett ". I have never heard of him. Go find something real to wet your beds about. FFS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here