Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Old Trafford

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Louis Edwards would be turning in his grave. I believe that they were debt free when his son sold the club to those despicable yanks.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Exactly the same sort of thing yesterday too. Yet give me those grounds over Wembley and Emirates any day.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

So extending your logic you don't like the Amex as its a modern stadium as opposed to one that's been around for years.

Whether you like them or not Old Trafford is surely behind the times with no video screen.

Time for a makeover

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
So extending your logic you don't like the Amex as its a modern stadium as opposed to one that's been around for years.

Whether you like them or not Old Trafford is surely behind the times with no video screen.

Time for a makeover
No. I mentioned 2 grounds. I think the Amex is absolutely wonderful bar the reliance on Southern Rail.

I just think of the Prem away grounds visited so far, that dated Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge have been comfortably the best for an away fan. I don't need Wi-Fi to enjoy a game of football. Give me those over Swansea and Leicester anyday. West Ham was fab, but I wouldn't want that view up in the Gods every week.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I really don't get that article at all.

The Emirates, Etihad and Wembley are soulless bowls. No character, history or atmosphere. So United haven't spent money on the stadium for a whole 10 years wow! Old Trafford is a way better stadium than any of those 3 with character to match - regardless of how much money has been spent of them.

And I actually liked the fact there was no screen. Anyway, where would they put them without reducing capacity.

The Amex is an absolute triumph compared to other modern stadia but to me that article is just bitter journalism.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
70000 crammed into a 50000 sized stadium. No leg room, seat the size of a baby car seat, concourse tiny, overall very underwhelming

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I also thought Old Trafford was nothing special, however, in terms of leg room, yesterday was a lot, lot worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
The problem with expanding Old Trafford is that a railway line runs under the main (Sir Bobby Charlton) Stand so redeveloping it requires moving the railway, which is still in use. This is prohibitively expensive.

The rest of the ground is impressive in scale but ugly.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It’s old and dated, but you can get a sense of history there. Selhurst is also old and dated, but you get more of a sense of tramps piss and rat infestation when you go there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here