Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] We have just lost 2-0 to the current Premier League Champions

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Nothing. Did ourselves proud today in all areas - in particular the fans who didn’t stop singing & just took the piss out of the Chelsea ‘support’ - superb.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Nothing. Did ourselves proud today in all areas - in particular the fans who didn’t stop singing & just took the piss out of the Chelsea ‘support’ - superb.
I can now sleep easy.....we are as one. Seegullls

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
On the face of it, not a lot. But have scored one goal from open play in last eight games,

Given that 2/3rds of our points have come from home games against non top six, having only five non top 6 home games left means we need to start taking points elsewhere.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Hopefully the support will be as good up in Newcastle! I'm sure it will be. Can't wait - a goal or two would be most welcome too!!

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
No reason to panic. I wasn't expecting much but it would have been nice to get a goal against a big team psychologically. We'll keep going and can hold our heads high. Two huge league games coming up.......

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
On the face of it, not a lot. But have scored one goal from open play in last eight games,

Given that 2/3rds of our points have come from home games against non top six, having only five non top 6 home games left means we need to start taking points elsewhere.

No reason to panic. I wasn't expecting much but it would have been nice to get a goal against a big team psychologically. We'll keep going and can hold our heads high. Two huge league games coming up.......

It's what has been said before.
The PL is basically two leagues.
There's the top four, and then there is the rest, which is what we have to concentrate on.
Forget about beating the CL contenders and go with the hear and now.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
In terms of this result and parts of the performance, not too much to worry about. The impotency going forwards is a worry however, one goal in 8 from open play is not good enough

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
And we are twelve in the league. What's wrong with that?:(

We are doing well but the teams below us are closing. Just hoping that Newcastle and Palace lose when they play their respective games this week.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We are doing well but the teams below us are closing. Just hoping that Newcastle and Palace lose when they play their respective games this week.
Well Newcastle play Man City, and Palace play Arsenal so we can always hope.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
In terms of this result and parts of the performance, not too much to worry about. The impotency going forwards is a worry however, one goal in 8 from open play is not good enough

Stop buying into the sky spin. A goal is a goal if it goes in off someones arm and a ref didnt see it (as today), its a penalty, free kick or it pings in off someones arse. We know we havent scored many goals we know we need a striker already they dont have to try and make it sound worse. Hopefully we get some points in the next two.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

Or just win all 5 of those home games and we're as good as safe. It's not too bleak.

Plus we scored from open play 3 days ago! So you could just as easily say that we've gone 1 game without scoring from open play... hopefully you feel better now.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Certainly didn’t disgrace ourselves at all!
And yet again we get beaten by giving away 2 sloppy goals..... and to the current Premier League Champions!!
However, it’s getting very clear to see how players in this league are stronger and faster than us by far... unfortunately...!!!

Peteinblack

NSC Patreon
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd, Spurs, and Arsenal have all only beaten us 2-0.

At the start of the season, I'd have expected us to get thrashed against those teams.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Certainly didn’t disgrace ourselves at all!
And yet again we get beaten by giving away 2 sloppy goals..... and to the current Premier League Champions!!
However, it’s getting very clear to see how players in this league are stronger and faster than us by far... unfortunately...!!!

Sloppy goals? F@@k me you defend perfectly for 90+ minutes where the tactics of your manager doesn't allow a breather. Hardly sloppy.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Yeah, I dunno. We're never gonna score a goal at any of the top six if we carry on so anemically in these games.

Not ungrateful to be here, yada yada, but yesterday, Arsenal and Spurs seemed a bit like saying you're grateful to be alive and then not getting out of bed all day. Wait, I do that all the time. Anyway, Chelsea were clearly penetrable but our ambition extended as far as a shut-out. Not the gamble to make when these teams have all spent third-world debts on attacking players and we can't defend set pieces.

It's also daft that Chelsea made subs before us. Daddy Hoo needs to take the initiative when it's so obviously required.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
There's the top four, and then there is the rest, which is what we have to concentrate on.

Is this an immediate need for audio? Or did you mean "here and now?"

I'm sorry. I can't help it. My father was a teacher and this bollox is ingrained in me.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Blimey! It's almost like Chelsea hadn't already been beaten by Burnley, Palace and West Ham in the PL this season...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here