Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why leave Goldson out today??

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
MOTM v Watford by a street. I'd like to have seen a Duffy / Goldson pairing, as Hughton made several other large profile changes.

Today, I'm afraid Dunk was at fault for the Morata goal, still switched off and forgot to challenge.

The 2nd was more shocking marking at corners, who was supposed to go with Alonso at the near post?

Expected to lose (like Hughton), but we gifted the goals today.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Correct decision for me today to bring back Duffy.

Having said that, Goldson was class the other night and a deserved MOm

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Goldson was class, but that doesn’t make him the better player than Duffy or Dunk IMO.

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
With Hughton mentally surrendering the points by leaving out our flair players to save them for the vital Newcastle & Bournemouth games, he may as well have allowed Goldson another crack to gain some more experience and confidence for when he is needed. Then we would also have had a fresh Dunk as well as Gross, Knockaert, Bruno for ST James' Park, he seems to be caught between stalls here.

Oh well, just a pity perhaps given how well Goldson played.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
MOTM v Watford by a street. I'd like to have seen a Duffy / Goldson pairing, as Hughton made several other large profile changes.

Today, I'm afraid Dunk was at fault for the Morata goal, still switched off and forgot to challenge.

The 2nd was more shocking marking at corners, who was supposed to go with Alonso at the near post?

Classic scapegoating after a defeat.
Yes Conner smashed it last week but over the season Duffy has been immense.
Goldson’s time will come, but surely respect what what D & D have done so far this season.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Billionaires beat relative minnows at home shocker.

Scapegoat hunting non shocker.

Stockseagull

Dec 2, 2011
Peak District
It’s only time before we play 352. Ball playing defenders and no striker who can play on their own. How good Goldson Dunk and Duffy will be as a 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Goldson will play against Newcastle where CH thought we have the better chance. We gave up the match against Chelsea. I guess we should be glad we only gave up two goals and not four. Then again Chelsea didn't play very well in the 1st half for a 4-0 win.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I was thinking similar but my knowledge is not the best. I thought Goldson earnt a place today and could see Dunk in a Virgo kind of role

What? Beard, big gut, presenting football on five? No thanks!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I am so disgusted with houghton for surrendoring 3 points to such a weak Chelsea side.

Oh hang on. No I'm not.

We have played away at Spuds, Arse and Chelsea and conceded 2 goals at each. FFS.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
It’s only time before we play 352. Ball playing defenders and no striker who can play on their own. How good Goldson Dunk and Duffy will be as a 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. We need to play to our strengths and the quality we have in this position is one of them.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Because Duffy is as good if not better. And the defence is on fire. Better question is why not give Baldock some time on the pitch to get match ready, even if only 20 mins

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here