Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 5xLosing 2-0 to the champions.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Any chance we can try something different once we went two nil down and not leave it for another 15/20 minutes?

Did well to keep it at 0-0 for the first 45 and not sure why Dunk didn't go for the ball for the first. Bit once ee conceddd hhe second we might ss well have rhrown caution to tge wind. Yet still all changes sre like fir like. We are seemingly a one trick pony.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
It was disappointing to concede so early in the second half and then to be so unadventurous going forward. We looked to give it a go in the last 10 minutes, but it was too late by then. Earlier subs maybe, or even give Baldock a run. Anyway, at least we did not get tonked and maybe goal difference will prove the difference at the end of the season.

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Any chance we can try something different once we went two nil down and not leave it for another 15/20 minutes?

Did well to keep it at 0-0 for the first 45 and not sure why Dunk didn't go for the ball for the first. Bit once ee conceddd hhe second we might ss well have rhrown caution to tge wind. Yet still all changes sre like fir like. We are seemingly a one trick pony.

Hello? Are you okay? You've gone a bit BG.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I find CH's late substitutions infuriating. they have barely time to warm up, never mind make a big difference. However he's the boss, just I would rather find tactical/player changes somewhat earlier, the 75 - 80 minutes marks is getting on the boring side from where I can see

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
I find CH's late substitutions infuriating. they have barely time to warm up, never mind make a big difference. However he's the boss, just I would rather find tactical/player changes somewhat earlier, the 75 - 80 minutes marks is getting on the boring side from where I can see

This is something I've noticed too. They all seem to be like for like substitutions for fresh legs as well instead of actual alterations to our style of play, when we're chasing a game and need a bit of invention. Doing it today wasn't so bad as it would have been naive to leave ourselves exposed to a 5–0 mauling by going gung ho, and as we all know goal difference is important, but in other games such as Huddersfield this season, it's been disappointing to see so little actually changing following substitutions apart from March coming on for Schelotto in that game.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I can understand the 0-0 mindset but against the likes of Chelsea we aren’t likely to then equalise still playing with that exact mindset which begs the question does CH actually say to the team if we lose make sure it’s not by a shed load , we had no attacking intent whatsoever when we conceded which is disappointing, Hemed was at least 30 yards in front of any Brighton midfielder for the whole time he was on the pitch, there comes a point when we must throw caution to the wind and at leat have a pop , not good coming off the pitch as a attacking player knowing you’ve spent 80 minutes in your own half .

Yep the GD is important but not as important as at least trying to win a game of football , unless the rules have changed and we get points for not conceding buckets of goals , time to have a go away from home , West Ham seems a lifetime ago .

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I can understand the 0-0 mindset but against the likes of Chelsea we aren’t likely to then equalise still playing with that exact mindset which begs the question does CH actually say to the team if we lose make sure it’s not by a shed load , we had no attacking intent whatsoever when we conceded which is disappointing, Hemed was at least 30 yards in front of any Brighton midfielder for the whole time he was on the pitch, there comes a point when we must throw caution to the wind and at leat have a pop , not good coming off the pitch as a attacking player knowing you’ve spent 80 minutes in your own half .

Yep the GD is important but not as important as at least trying to win a game of football , unless the rules have changed and we get points for not conceding buckets of goals , time to have a go away from home , West Ham seems a lifetime ago .

Think this is it in a nutshell. At 0-0 or even just 1-0 down you could understand trying to keep it the same but when you are 2 down against a team that are, man for man, better than you, you need to try and show a bit of imagination. It might not get you the result but it it's an opportunity to try different things that might be utilised against lesser teams.

As for the thread title, apologies, posted from the back of a darkened coach stuck in traffic in deepest darkest Fulham.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
But palace went there and had a bloody good go and won?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
we had no attacking intent whatsoever when we conceded which is disappointing, Hemed was at least 30 yards in front of any Brighton midfielder for the whole time he was on the pitch, there comes a point when we must throw caution to the wind and at leat have a pop , not good coming off the pitch as a attacking player knowing you’ve spent 80 minutes in your own half .

Hemed OUT

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here