Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] complete and utter shyster

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
just noticed.....:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

who gets the ridiculous red ...?? dunk , kayal , hazard , willian ....we shall see , lets hope the twunts not hung over.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
My money is on Stephens seeing red.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Other than the laughable corner, allowing Chelsea to take an offside free-kick inside our half, I thought he had an okay game.

Would like to see him reprimand Chelsea for all the acting, but sadly it’s part of the game.

That said, he remains a complete and utter shyster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Other than the laughable corner, allowing Chelsea to take an offside free-kick inside our half, I thought he had an okay game.

Would like to see him reprimand Chelsea for all the acting, but sadly it’s part of the game.

That said, he remains a complete and utter shyster.

You need to read the laws of the game ref; offside

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
You need to read the laws of the game ref; offside

Sorry, I may have misinterpreted your post, but you’re not allowed to take an offside free-kick in the opposite half of the pitch are you?

For starters the linesman awarding the offside, is running the line in the other half. Secondly, the free kick is taken from the wrong position.....

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Sorry, I may have misinterpreted your post, but you’re not allowed to take an offside free-kick in the opposite half of the pitch are you?

For starters the linesman awarding the offside, is running the line in the other half. Secondly, the free kick is taken from the wrong position.....

Yes you are the law changed this season. You can take the resulting freekick from the position of the offside as per normal or from where the player received the ball. So if the player has run back into his half to meet the ball from an offside position the freekick can be taken from where he was offside or where he met the ball.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yes you are the law changed this season. You can take the resulting freekick from the position of the offside as per normal or from where the player received the ball. So if the player has run back into his half to meet the ball from an offside position the freekick can be taken from where he was offside or where he met the ball.

Wow. Thanks Piltdown, had no idea (clearly).... [emoji2]

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013

Have I got this right? So if an offside player somehow manages to touch the ball all the way back in his own box, the opposing team can have an in-direct free kick in the box. That doesn’t sound right?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Have I got this right? So if an offside player somehow manages to touch the ball all the way back in his own box, the opposing team can have an in-direct free kick in the box. That doesn’t sound right?

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-11---offside

If an offside offence occurs, the referee awards an indirect free kick where the offence occurred, including if it is in the player’s own half of the field of play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here