Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly March

BhafcBlues

Mar 7, 2016
Brighton
I do rate him as a player, young talent, quick can deliver a decent ball.
But a few times this season and it was so apparent yesterday, he’s so left sided I actually get embarrassed. There was multiple occasions where he turns back and can’t pick a pass with his right foot so cuts back to his left and gets tackled. Janmaat started clocking on to this and stopped showing him on his left and he was so ineffective.
Just don’t get how you can be a professional and be that one sided

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I do rate him as a player, young talent, quick can deliver a decent ball.
But a few times this season and it was so apparent yesterday, he’s so left sided I actually get embarrassed. There was multiple occasions where he turns back and can’t pick a pass with his right foot so cuts back to his left and gets tackled. Janmaat started clocking on to this and stopped showing him on his left and he was so ineffective.
Just don’t get how you can be a professional and be that one sided

I take on board what you are saying, and l saw him at close hand yesterday as he was glued to the touchline in front of me during the second half, but wonder if his seeming anabilty to beat his man and/or deliver a decent cross, was down to indecision or lack of confidence, more than inability. After all we have all seen him leave defenders for dead, anput some really inviting balls into the box plenty of times in the past.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I take on board what you are saying, and l saw him at close hand yesterday as he was glued to the touchline in front of me during the second half, but wonder if his seeming anabilty to beat his man and/or deliver a decent cross, was down to indecision or lack of confidence, more than inability. After all we have all seen him leave defenders for dead, anput some really inviting balls into the box plenty of times in the past.

There was one sublime moment yesterday in the first half just before half time ..on the touch line not far outside our penalty box when he beat two men with a left and right foot combination then delivered a sweet pass for TH to run onto ...unfortunately the covering defender just got across and both players ended up in a heap outside the Burnley box....would have been a lovely assist

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
There was one sublime moment yesterday in the first half just before half time ..on the touch line not far outside our penalty box when he beat two men with a left and right foot combination then delivered a sweet pass for TH to run onto ...unfortunately the covering defender just got across and both players ended up in a heap outside the Burnley box....would have been a lovely assist

Both players so far out of position they were in Lancashire?

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
He does a good job on the left but I think its clear he's a right winger who can cut in, although he's quite quick he's not rapid enough to ghost past someone on the outside and put in a cross. Would quite like to see him play on the right given Knockaert's form isn't great.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
I've always been a big fan of Solly, but yesterday he looked out of sorts. He lacked urgency and looked like a boy out there. I was surprised izquierdo wasn't brought on sooner.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He does a good job on the left but I think its clear he's a right winger who can cut in, although he's quite quick he's not rapid enough to ghost past someone on the outside and put in a cross. Would quite like to see him play on the right given Knockaert's form isn't great.

On a more general theme, I'm not sure it's so much poor form that is making both Solly or Knocky less effective this season, as much as the simple fact that they are playing against much better defenders this time around.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I've always been a big fan of Solly, but yesterday he looked out of sorts. He lacked urgency and looked like a boy out there. I was surprised izquierdo wasn't brought on sooner.

I think Izquierdo was being readied to come on just before we scored our our goal. I said to my pal at half time, that given how ineffective up frony we had been, l'd introduce Murray and Izquierdo, as we had nothing to lose. But what do l know? we ended up winning the game anyway. Goes to show you why Chris Hughton is our manager and l'm not l guess.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
On a more general theme, I'm not sure it's so much poor form that is making both Solly or Knocky less effective this season, as much as the simple fact that they are playing against much better defenders this time around.

Don't start making well thought out sensible statements. This is NSC.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Like AK he has you pulling your hair out at this level as brilliant at getting into the right areas but then 8/10 times makes the wrong decision or fails to deliver a killer pass. Both players were guilty yesterday of beating their man and then trying to do it again and losing the ball rather than crossing. They both have it in them to play at this level but need to work on the final product. Confidence will be a big part of achieving that and fingers crossed it will click soon as both players capable of chipping in with much needed goals when on their game

Shins

Aug 13, 2015

Agreed, but I see Solly as being played out of position almost (Not that he doesn't do a good job on the left). Give him a go where he is most comfortable seen as Knocky is struggling a bit for whatever reason.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here