Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] The Depot - Lewes

DanRedman

Mar 18, 2014
Went to The Depot cinema in Lewes recently after a friend recommended it. Really enjoyed the cinema, and the price is reasonable, unlike Cineworld which is my closest.

Anybody else been and what did you think?

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Went to The Depot cinema in Lewes recently after a friend recommended it. Really enjoyed the cinema, and the price is reasonable, unlike Cineworld which is my closest.

I’ve been twice now. Last week was most recent visit to watch Star Wars in 3D. I think it’s excellent and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend. Really good quality cinema and the sound is fantastic. Spacious seats (recommend the sofas in the back row) and the best bit for me is that you can take your drink in. Sofa seat, glass of wine and tonnes of leg room, just like being in your living room.

As you said, really very reasonable price wise, cheaper than the Odeon or Ciniworld. 10 out of 10 from me. Being a smaller independent, not seeing as many film choices as the big boys but don’t think I’d go anywhere else now tbh.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

Saw Murder on the Orient Express a few weeks ago with my missus.
Bit mad seeing blokes taking pints of beer back to their seats.
Very nice double seat at the back.
Plan on seeing The Greatest Showman next week.

DanRedman

Mar 18, 2014
I’ve been twice now. Last week was most recent visit to watch Star Wars in 3D. I think it’s excellent and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend. Really good quality cinema and the sound is fantastic. Spacious seats (recommend the sofas in the back row) and the best bit for me is that you can take your drink in. Sofa seat, glass of wine and tonnes of leg room, just like being in your living room.

As you said, really very reasonable price wise, cheaper than the Odeon or Ciniworld. 10 out of 10 from me. Being a smaller independent, not seeing as many film choices as the big boys but don’t think I’d go anywhere else now tbh.

I agree, won't be going to Cineworld again and I'm sure they'll feel my absence!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
The Depot is a great addition for Lewes. It's been built by Robert Senior who lives in Keir Street, owns the very successful Euromonitor business and is a film buff and benefactor. One of the 3 screens has it's own bar and can be hired for private screenings.

For those not aware, it's in the old Harvey's Depot next to the station, so dead easy to visit by train. And yes it does sell Harvey's which you can take in to your seat.

PG

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here