Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Deli Alli

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 months ago talked of by the London biased media as a Barca and Real Madrid first teamer.

His game has gone backwards massively, but his cheating would suit La Liga.

This.

Really not sure he warrants an England place currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I don't know of the reason for the thread start, I don't really watch the top six unless they're playing us. What I do know is that Alli was a fantastic player both for club and country, so what's he been up to now?

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
I don't know of the reason for the thread start, I don't really watch the top six unless they're playing us. What I do know is that Alli was a fantastic player both for club and country, so what's he been up to now?

Lucky to stay on the pitch for the second game in a row. Amazing talent but fear his attitude/temperament will hold him back

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I don’t mind midfielders with a nasty streak, but he seems to be concentrating too much on the dark arts at the expense of his football. He was pretty good when he first played for Spurs, not so much now.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
That's a shame because the lad has clearly got a talent going on.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Petulant. Has bags of talent but knows it too - needs some humility bought to his game to ensure he keeps on an upward curve - he could be one of the greats if he learns to control his temper.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
6 months ago talked of by the London biased media as a Barca and Real Madrid first teamer.

His game has gone backwards massively, but his cheating would suit La Liga.

I love a bit of xenophobia in the morning. Why are we pretending it’s just foreign players that cheat? Ours, and our league, are as bad.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Much troubled he is, much anger, dark side he is going.

Either that or he is a big time tw@t

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I just saw the highlights of the Spurs game this week. Whilst his tackle wasn’t the leg breaker he enjoyed last week, it still lacked any control and was still at serious risk of injuring his opponent. Consequently he should’ve been a red. That he then won the penalty by diving for their opening goal only rubs salt into the wound I’m sure.

He is in serious danger of letting this streak outdo his good work up to this point.

DanRedman

Mar 18, 2014
I just saw the highlights of the Spurs game this week. Whilst his tackle wasn’t the leg breaker he enjoyed last week, it still lacked any control and was still at serious risk of injuring his opponent. Consequently he should’ve been a red. That he then won the penalty by diving for their opening goal only rubs salt into the wound I’m sure.

He is in serious danger of letting this streak outdo his good work up to this point.

A red?! If that was a red then football might as well become a non contact sport. Both players went in strong, he didn't jump in, and was just going to block the ball. Charlie Austin should've been sent off. Pure filth

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

he knocked the ball foward a little heavy which went beyond him, went in rashly to 50/50 to win it back, clattered the opposition in the process. not dangerous and no one hurt, if it wasnt Alli wouldnt warrant any comment. he does need to cut this sort of thing out of game, but at the same time its great to a player wth such quality and determination.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A red?! If that was a red then football might as well become a non contact sport. Both players went in strong, he didn't jump in, and was just going to block the ball. Charlie Austin should've been sent off. Pure filth

Agree. Was not a red. And if that had been one of our players going down in the box we would have been screaming for a penalty. I thought Alli was excellent yesterday :shrug:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Agree. Was not a red. And if that had been one of our players going down in the box we would have been screaming for a penalty. I thought Alli was excellent yesterday :shrug:

Agreed. As the pundits on MOTD said he didn’t actually make contact with his leg. Definitely not a red. People seem to want him to get sent off because of who he is. Norman Hunter he isn’t.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
With Son inspired, Lamela returning and Eriksen ultra consistent there is pressure on Alli on his place, more so in this world cup season. If he keeps on with the wild tackles sooner or later his luck will run out.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here