Living In a Box
Tough call, perhaps see if the Gooners make their move in the transfer window

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
You are not the first person to ask that. today

I would say, yes, probably.

On the plus side, we will not be sending him out on loan...

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Be tough on him to leave him out after that performance, was imperious. Considering that was his first premier League game, and after what he's been through, I thought he was immense

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I think Goldson is a better replacement for Duffy when he’s injured or suspended more so than a replacement for Dunk if he’s out.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Having two ball playing CBs really made us dangerous today. He’s far too good for the championship so would be a waste to loan him out.

I never once have said he should go out on loan

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
9/10 today. Imperious and not overawed in facing PL stars/cheats like Richarlison.

The fans talk in August about sending him out on loan in August and getting a PL quality CB in as cover, was nonsense.

Agreed, best player on the pitch today. Looked more than capable of playing PL football. He’s the future for us at the back imo

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
9/10 today. Imperious and not overawed in facing PL stars/cheats like Richarlison.

The fans talk in August about sending him out on loan in August and getting a PL quality CB in as cover, was nonsense.

Wasn't really nonsense at all, to be fair. Most were unsure about how he would be after his heart complications and knew that Duffy and Dunk would start most of our games so thought it would be best if he got loaned out so he could get some more regular gametime.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Magnificent today. His Premier League debut, and he took to it like a duck to water. Positionally sound, his anticipiation of the pass to nick it in front of the forward, and displayed a range of passing I never even knew he had. One ball in the first half he pinged 60 yards over to (I think) Gross on the left flank was simply epic. And a blood-and-guts aggressive, perfectly timed THUDDING challenge in front of the North Stand that wiped their player out, but only for a corner. What a lovely player he is.

He's class.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Fair enough, a lot of our fans thought he should though!!

What I am saying is if the Gooners do make a move on his playing partner we do not need to worry

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fair enough, a lot of our fans thought he should though!!

As did CG himself in his post match interview.

As great as he was today, his pass out to Suttner was worth the license fee alone, he couldn't have picked a better game in the Premier League to make his first start in.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Agreed, best player on the pitch today. Looked more than capable of playing PL football. He’s the future for us at the back imo

I think Gross pushed him. Everything good attack wise came through him, he was the only one to score and his work rate was phenomenal.

BUT.

Given that was his Premier League Goldson was outstanding. Had he played all season that was still outstanding. For me Duffy has to win his place back.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here