Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Best Ref this season by far

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Take a bow Paul Tierney. A masterclass in how to ref a game. Let the game flow and got all the decisions right. No bookings, just did his job. Makes a nice change

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Yes. Very good performance from the wanker in the black.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Disagree. Yes, he was good at playing the advantage, but I thought he was petty at times with his little chats, checking the ball was correctly placed for one of our corners, bringing back throw ins and such like.

I agree, he did seem to get all the decisions right though.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Refs are always deemed good when we win. Funny that!

But he had an easy game no real decisions to make.

Not true chap. I said to a friend at the time 0-0 he was the best ref we've had. Kept his cards in his pocket

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Not true chap. I said to a friend at the time 0-0 he was the best ref we've had. Kept his cards in his pocket

He reffed well, not disputing that. :)

But if we had lost, the NSC anti ref brigade would have been out in force berating him for the 50/50 tussle where Hemed went down just outside the box right on half time!

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
He was good, disciplined players, kept his card in his pocket, got their captain to do the same whilst letting the game flow and playing good advantages both ways 9/10 would have him every game

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Disagree. Yes, he was good at playing the advantage, but I thought he was petty at times with his little chats, checking the ball was correctly placed for one of our corners, bringing back throw ins and such like.

I agree, he did seem to get all the decisions right though.

I quite liked him deliberately walking over to the corner to prove that the ball was in the right place to silence those (both opposition and our own fans) who whinge EVERY TIME that the ball isn't in the correct spot when it ALWAYS is.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I thought he had a good game too. What confuses me is that pushing players when they go for the ball outside the box, pulling players arms and wrapping your arms around them no longer seems to be a foul? He ignored these events from both teams. Have the rules changed?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Watford are a horrible team. Niggley, physical and whiny. He reffed almost as well as he could, though, as @Icy Gull said he missed a number of attempted stranglings by both teams. As I said to @scoffers if I'd known wrapping your arms round someone and throwing them off the ball was legal I'd have employed it throughout my Sunday League and 5-a-side career.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Disagree.

He was cowed by Watford fans throwing their sixteen thumbs towards a corner of ours. The moment a ref is influenced by a crowd he's lost it.

The corner in question.

I will say one thing though he didn't give in to any of the clowning around by Watford players ..but was a tad surprised Watson wasn't shown the yellow

IMG_0176.jpg

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
first ref in years to make the 3 minutes added time only seem like (and last) 3 minutes when we are winning.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here