Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] What’s the best way to cook sausages?

What’s the best way to cook sausages?

• Fry

Votes: 26 22.2%
  • Grill

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Oven

Votes: 44 37.6%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 10 8.5%

• Total voters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oven.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Where is the boil option ?

Not that I would boil them, just being pedantic to be honest.

Grill is the best, listening to them spitting and hissing is most satisfying.

Oven only for toad in the hole.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Always grill my bangers and NEVER barbecue then after the problem I had at my annual NATURIST BBQ where I tossed the vicars SAUSAGE by mistake on to the FIRE

Surely the correct answer is to CLIFFTONVILE it?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I voted other, but as longs they aren't burnt that'll do. I funking love a good sausage me.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Jakarta Towers Breakfast Regime, also known as the Sunday Morning One Frying Pan Option

1. Cut fat off your rashers of bacon, fry them to frizzled crispyness.
2. Cook your rashers in the bacon fat. Put bacon into a Server in warmed Oven,
3. Cook your Sausages in the bacony residues. Sausages to server also.
3. Add Knob of butter and sliced Mushrooms (for full on Heart Attack Mode I throw a few slices of Black Pudding in as well - all to server in Oven).
5. Two Eggs go in at the end (I will probably have scoffed the frizzled fat by this stage - Chefs privilege).

Add Microwaved Baked Beans and a couple of slices of Toast - maximum calories and minimal washing up. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Oven, finish them in a frying pan.

Other way round. 1/3rd each egg, plain flour and full milk batter (rest in fridge for at least an hour) Oven on full wack, slice up some onions fry them in a metal handle pan, transfer to saucepan. Seal the sausages in the pan. Sausages out, batter in 30 seconds on hob, sausages back in. Into the oven
Half a mug of cold water, slowly add 2 tablespoons of plain flour whilst vigorously whisking, add one of those pods of beef stock,
Stick in the pan with the onions.
Have a fag.
Stir the gravy.
Stick a bag of mixed veg in the microwave.
Make a cup of tea

Assemble.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Only buy good sausages - the thought of cheap sausages and the crap (sometimes literally) that's in them, turns my stomach.

For chipolatas, I'm happy to fry them, slowly. For the big snags, I do them in the oven, unless you fry them very,very slowly, they burn on the outside before the centre cooks. Unlike cuts, I tend to like my bangers well done.

Of course, never prick them, it lets more fat out and they end up being dry. 'pricking them is left over from the war when the water content was higher.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here