Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liam Rosenior

Dec 29, 2011
Hughton is the best manager we've had in my lifetime. Rosenior is still working towards his badges, I know whose opinion I'd rather have.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
tumblr_m3zr6yfRkq1rswsrbo1_500.gif

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I like Liam and he is far more insightful than the average footballer, however, what he fails to acknowledge in this article is the "all-or-nothing" [Sh1t or Bust!] mentality of a cup game that just does not apply in a league game.

Bristol gambled (on won!) by playing forward, aggressive, confident football, but it could have gone disastrously wrong and they could have been thumped badly had United monopolised on the chances given. In a cup game it doesn't matter whether you lose by one or lose by five goals (or more!). You lose, you are out! In a league game where goal difference does have an impact further down the line, the game of all-or-nothing has higher stakes.

Whilst I think there are issues with CH's tactics that are being exposed badly at the moment, I am sure that he is playing to the brief he has been given for the season. "Dig in, play it safe, STAY UP!"

I think Liam should have at least acknowledged that Bristol were gambling a little on the result because they really had nothing to lose!

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Bristol gambled (on won!) by playing forward, aggressive, confident football, but it could have gone disastrously wrong and they could have been thumped badly had United monopolised on the chances given.

But was it a gamble? They have been playing like that all season.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
But was it a gamble? They have been playing like that all season.

True.. Bu not against Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, Spurs, Arsenal etc.. who can and will expose your back line and thump you good and proper (see Liverpool game). Lets see how they do against Man City at the end of Jan.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I follow Liam on the Guardian app. I got a notification yesterday with the article title in. First. immediate thought was 'that's a bit near the knuckle' but then I remembered that the headline / title is written by a sub-editor and read the whole thing.

He's not saying anything immensely anti-CH. It's really pointing out how City have had an easy ride. Pep wants 70-80% of the ball and by sitting back that's what you give them. We've also struggled when teams have pressed us. Where we had an easier time in midfield (Man U) or where we've done the pressing ourselves (Burnley) we've looked a lot better. I'm sure CH is more than aware of that but his philosophy (according to the Brighton Up book anyway) is to keep a clean sheet, Last season clean sheet equalled win. This season it's proving harder to score, which again goes back to our abject failure to land a striker.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Have a go . They don't like it up em !!!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Have a go . They don't like it up em !!!

What with? At this level it's the equivalent of launching an attack on a well guarded fortress with some sucker darts and water pistols

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Reading between the lines...

It is understandable to take the view that the most probable way to get a result against better teams is to sit back and wait for set pieces or counterattacks to come your way while defending deep for large periods.

Even if United had won the match, as expected, I’m sure the home fans would have applauded and appreciated the guts and determination their team showed regardless.

I’m the first to admit this way of playing is not a guarantee of a positive result but neither is playing passively and giving the initiative to teams and players of such a high level, where the slightest mistake may almost certainly lead to a goal. Playing positively enables players to really test themselves against the best, to express themselves and go toe to toe with players they respect.

While playing against top sides in the Premier League and there is nothing more soul-destroying than sitting back, playing defensively and losing (un)comfortably.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Naive at best. Long journey for Liam but if he feels ready there may be a club in the national league or league two that might take a gamble on him now

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Not sure why all this rubbish is about brizzle beating manure as manure have been gash for years and are as beatable as they've ever been and most importantly it's another crap cup completion.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Not sure why all this rubbish is about brizzle beating manure as manure have been gash for years and are as beatable as they've ever been and most importantly it's another crap cup completion.

Defending League Cup holders who also won the Europe League last season, are 2nd in the Premier League and won their group in the Champions League.

Bristol City beating them is big news, whatever the competition.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

Is that the same Man U who've won 4-0 four times this season and beat Arsenal 3-1 at their place at the start of this month? Or a different one?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Naive at best. Long journey for Liam but if he feels ready there may be a club in the national league or league two that might take a gamble on him now

Aside from those at the very top - employing anyone is a 'gamble'. Not sure why you should round on him.

Besides, how sure are you that his first foray into professional coaching will be as a manager? He isn't, for one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here