Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] How many email accounts with false identities do you have (and why)?

How many email accounts with false identities do you have?

• None

Votes: 30 62.5%
  • 1 - 2

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • 3 - 4

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • 5 - 7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8 - 10

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • over 10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • over 20

Votes: 2 4.2%

• Total voters

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
How many email accounts with false identities do you have.....and why?
Are your reasons totally innocent, to perhaps protect your own security and privacy or are your motivations more sinister which you would care to share with us. We won't tell anyone....promise.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Several for different forums/websites, one for personal email, one for job applications etc.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
One. It is very old. At the time I thought I was registering a comedy user name rather than my actual identity. I use it for SFL and 'the list'.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I think I effed up again. I have 9 email accounts all in outlook now but its a PTA. None of them are dodge, just consultancy work and a coupla personal ones

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
One. It is very old. At the time I thought I was registering a comedy user name rather than my actual identity. I use it for SFL and 'the list'.

SFL? The Sexual Freedom League?.... the Saskatchewan Federation of Labour?....or perhaps the Svenska Frimurare Lägret, though I would understand your reasoning for not revealing too much about the latter.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I have 3 email accounts but none are false identity - each serves a very different purpose.

It would be folly to think that an email address can keep you anonymous - someone knows who you really are ....

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
If I need a false ID for whatever reason I will use Guerrilla Mail or something similar.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I have one for when I was editor of a publication and I wanted to spice up the comments and start an argument, I didn't want to use my real identity for this so used a false email address. It still exists, although I haven't used it for years.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I have one for when I was editor of a publication and I wanted to spice up the comments and start an argument, I didn't want to use my real identity for this so used a false email address. It still exists, although I haven't used it for years.
It's not unknown for NSC users to have a spare account for exactly the same reason.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here