Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] 4th round draw FA Cup at the Amex

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It’s bloody ridiculous that the draw is scheduled before all the previous round’s games are played. Another thing I hate about the way Football is run nowadays.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It’s bloody ridiculous that the draw is scheduled before all the previous round’s games are played. Another thing I hate about the way Football is run nowadays.

It always used to be drawn on a Monday lunchtime, but tv companies are insisting there are Monday night matches.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free

At least it means we are in the draw.

So that's all good then.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Does anyone still tune in for the draw given the low priority both clubs and fans give to the draw.

Still I'm hoping to get interviewed prior to the draw, so that in response to the usual inane question of who do you want to draw in the next round, I can say anyone which means that our game is not moved for TV coverage and the game is played at 3pm on a Saturday.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
"You still can't beat the magic of the FA Cup, Brian...." etc etc

.... as the camera shows 1000s of empty seats in the background.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Does anyone still tune in for the draw given the low priority both clubs and fans give to the draw.

Still I'm hoping to get interviewed prior to the draw, so that in response to the usual inane question of who do you want to draw in the next round, I can say anyone which means that our game is not moved for TV coverage and the game is played at 3pm on a Saturday.

You rebel, you. It is the risk of this (and the time I called Reginald Bosanquet a red-nosed count, live on the 6-o'clock news) that live telly interviews has a 10 second time delay these days. :lolol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
"You still can't beat the magic of the FA Cup, Brian...." etc etc

.... as the camera shows 1000s of empty seats in the background.

There was a truly horrible Football Focus a couple of saturdays back. The Beeb patronised whichever club random lower level was hosting them to the point of just about everybody other than fans of the club that was hosting them was forced to switch channels. Those that stayed the course were then subjected to the host club's clubhouse punters drowning out whatever the Football Focus pundits were trying to say. That took up about 40 minutes of a one hour show. Truly puerile.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

Always watch it and I do believe the BBC are making a real effort to raise its profile.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

I always tune in. It’s not just nostalgia although that’s a part of it. The feeling of anticipation that we could draw anyone (left in) is something non football fans would probably struggle to understand but it is one I have passed on to my kids. These days I hope for an away game somewhere interesting like Hartlepool. We went to Lincoln last year and there was a ground full of people who cared about the Cup which contrasts with a random premier league ground full of feigned disinterest. Palace in the 3rd round is about as good as it gets.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Wonder what effect knowing the draw could have on the game ? How fired up are the players going to be if, say, an away tie at Wigan or Carlisle awaits ?

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
Wonder what effect knowing the draw could have on the game ? How fired up are the players going to be if, say, an away tie at Wigan or Carlisle awaits ?

I'd hope more pumped up than if we drew Man City - considering it could mean that we have an easier passage to the 5th Round than another premier league opposition (obviously this isn't always the case as last season proved).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here