Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Copy photos from laptop to ipad

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I want to transfer a bunch of photos from laptop to ipad but don't want to synch as I assume I'll lose some and don't want all my albums transferred either. There seems to be several bits of s/w to do it but don't just want to pick one at random and pick up a nasty.

Any recommendations on safe a reliable application would be appreciated

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Who is your ISP? Most offer free storage for easy transfer.

Dropbox is free for up to 2Gb.

Upload then download.

Failing that get a decent Android tablet then just C&P.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
With my non apple products I would simply drag and drop onto the new device?.

Is that not possible?

Not that I can see (Windows to Apple)

Who is your ISP? Most offer free storage for easy transfer.

Dropbox is free for up to 2Gb.

Upload then download.

Failing that get a decent Android tablet then just C&P.

I've got about 7GB that I want transferring and I think there's plenty of apps that will do it. This is the first nuisance thing and I'm not sure I want to fork out £'00's for an android device just for that :wink:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I use Syncredible on my home network to copy data files between the various laptops, PCs and i-devices to ensure there are copies on at least two devices - it's a form of basic disaster recovery / backup.

Syncredible gives lots of options for config and is available on a timeless free trial - free version comes with a repetitive splash screen but is functionally identical to the full version.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Google Drive, iCloud, Microsoft OneDrive, DropBox will all do it. Why do you want 5GB images on your iPad? Danger is you lose the device and then it’s all gone. Stick them in the cloud and you can access them from any device whenever you want.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I upload all my photos to google photos and then they are viewable on all devices using the google photos app.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Google Drive, iCloud, Microsoft OneDrive, DropBox will all do it. Why do you want 5GB images on your iPad? Danger is you lose the device and then it’s all gone. Stick them in the cloud and you can access them from any device whenever you want.

I thought all those services were backup media where you can only restore all or nothing?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

I thought all those services were backup media where you can only restore all or nothing?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here