Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] NHS dentists

Nostalgia

Mar 22, 2012
Need a new dentist , anyone know any decent NHS dentists in the Brighton, Hove, Shoreham areas?

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
One In southwick by the green is very good

Nostalgia

Mar 22, 2012
Not making much progress, thinking of going abroad for dental implants anyone done this and if so any recommendations and costs etc

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Spend the money mate, I found an NHS dentist to do work on my teeth and I absolutely hate the result, NHS dentists with vacancies just don't seem to be the quality of the in-demand private dentists, or indeed good ones overseas

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Toothsmart on Portland Road (near the Catholic Church) I've been an NHS patient there for 13 years and satisfied with their work.

01273 734185

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Montpelier Dental Surgery on Montpelier Road takes some NHS. Been using the same dentist there since 1988.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Sadly Southwick not taking new patients

And here is the problem unless you are very lucky.
NHS dentists not taking new patients, private dentists who do accept NHS patients definately not taking new NHS patients but will snap your hand off if you pay.
NHS dentistry is in a right old mess again after being sorted out by Blair we managed to get one as it was being sorted but it's quite a way from our house but we have at least 3 within walking distance (none are taking new patients)
No wonder the British have teeth like sugar puffs, it's all the Tories fault yet again.
Now then, luckily, we have this place called Seventrees clinic where dentists who have just passed their exams go to practise, you just turn up, sign in and pay NHS rates to have your teeth yanked out by a rookie.
Failing all this you could do 'a Bob Mortimer' and do your own dentistry.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
NHS dentists not taking new patients, private dentists who do accept NHS patients definately not taking new NHS patients but will snap your hand off if you pay.
NHS dentistry is in a right old mess again after being sorted out by Blair we managed to get one as it was being sorted but it's quite a way from our house but we have at least 3 within walking distance (none are taking new patients)
No wonder the British have teeth like sugar puffs, it's all the Tories fault yet again.
Now then, luckily, we have this place called Seventrees clinic where dentists who have just passed their exams go to practise, you just turn up, sign in and pay NHS rates to have your teeth yanked out by a rookie.

From my side of the political spectrum, I always think Blair ruined NHS dentistry rather than sorted it out.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I was with My Dentist ( formally St Faiths, Bristol Gardens ) they had 8 dentists in that practice. 6 or so months ago 7 left at the same time!!
I now use Preston Circus Dental Practice and they are excellent NHS and Private. I do believe that they are taking on new NHS patients.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
From my side of the political spectrum, I always think Blair ruined NHS dentistry rather than sorted it out.

Maybe I have my timescales wrong but I remember NHS dentistry was in a right mess and I am sure that when Blair was PM it was made much more widely available, but I may be wrong, this is not a political thing but it seems to have gone back to its old ways of being very hard to get.

BHAFC_SWC

honorary pierced weirdo
Feb 26, 2013
West Sussex
Recently broke a crown while in Spain, phoned my family NHS dentist in Worthing in a panic and was told it would be months before they could see me (I wasn't registered with them). It was a front tooth so 'bit' the bullet and have gone private at the nearest one to me (Hassocks), and apart from the bill (£800 :( ) I couldn't be happier with the service or results

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I have been looking around for a dentist more local to me and noted the majority are from abroad,not sure where they gained their qualifications so will have to make further enquires

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

A very common British attitude.

Why is it the government's fault people don't look after their teeth?
I had awful teeth and loads of fillings as a child when it was all free. (I blame Harold Wilson!!!!)
Haven't had a filling for over 25 years and my dentist tells me and my wife that if everyone looked after their teeth like we do, she would be out of a job!
BTW Dental care is not free here but far cheaper than the UK

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Not making much progress, thinking of going abroad for dental implants anyone done this and if so any recommendations and costs etc

Am hoping to hear some replies from anyone who has done this. I know the costs, but am interested in their experiences.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here