Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jose Mourinho

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Anybody else really, really, really bored by him and his grump attitude to everything? If he doesn't like his £10 million a year job why doesn't he do something else?

Thoroughly unlikeable in my opinion, not that I've ever met the chap.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Rated him when he first came over here back in 2004, was a really good manager. Now he is just an absolute miserable **** and had great joy of singing '**** off Mourinho' and 'you're not special anymore' at Old Trafford

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Ferguson was unlikeable but was on a different planet as a manager to Mourinho.

DerekZoolander

Aug 15, 2011
With Mourinho, when he first came to England he seemed like a breath of fresh air, now all he does is just constantly whinge and moan about any little thing. Him and United are perfectly suited, wanker manager, wanker club.

Although he was very complimentary about Brighton when we played there.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
With Mourinho, when he first came to England he seemed like a breath of fresh air, now all he does is just constantly whinge and moan about any little thing. Him and United are perfectly suited, wanker manager, wanker club.

Although he was very complimentary about Brighton when we played there.

Not the first manager to follow the same trajectory. Brian Clough too. A breath of fresh air at first then just became eccentric because it was expected of him.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
As others have said, was entertained by him at first. Now just bored of him and his ways...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He's just a sour old tit. I saw his interview last night after the game and he was particularly ungracious, calling Bristol City "lucky" numerous times, and that it was a big day for them, but just another day at the office for his players. Didn't seem prepared to give an ounce of credit. "They fought like it was the game of their lives, and it probably was".

Its always been a big part of his persona, but all he seems to do these days is sneer and snipe. I think being a million miles off challenging Man City has worn him down this season. They are light years ahead of Man U now, and there's nothing he can do about it except suck it up.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
He's just a sour old tit. I saw his interview last night after the game and he was particularly ungracious, calling Bristol City "lucky" numerous times, and that it was a big day for them, but just another day at the office for his players. Didn't seem prepared to give an ounce of credit. "They fought like it was the game of their lives, and it probably was".

His comments were pathetic, and the irony was the fourth of fifth time he said they were lucky as they scored right at the end so United didn't have time to come back - every non-utd fan in the world just sees that as karma not luck.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
The best bit about his interview last night was when he said how they know how to lose as a club?! WTF?! A more ungracious loser I've never seen. His lucky comments were just pathetic.

I used to think he was very clever, in control and everything he said, controversial or not, was said for a reason. Now I think he is just a parody of himself and lacks any self awareness whatsoever.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Not the first manager to follow the same trajectory. Brian Clough too. A breath of fresh air at first then just became eccentric because it was expected of him.

My thoughts too ... he's established (been given) a persona and now he's playing the part well

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Interesting theory posited by The Football Ramble - that he's become bitter ever since missing out on the Barca job to Pep. In his shadow ever since, pretty much.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Managers are as good as the players they have and the effort they put in. He has a few decent players but they don't seem to be applying themselves very well. That is down to the resourcefulnes and motivation of the manager. He seems lost and struggling for excuses.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Managers are as good as the players they have and the effort they put in. He has a few decent players but they don't seem to be applying themselves very well. That is down to the resourcefulnes and motivation of the manager. He seems lost and struggling for excuses.

Quite especically when he still had Pogba, Ibrahimovic, Rashford, Martial in his team last night. But couldnt manage to get a result.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I agree with a lot of the comments about Mourinho and his personality. All I would say in his defence though is that Man United aren't actually doing too badly this season. They've got 41 points from 18 games and are comfortably through in the Champions League. At this stage last season they would have been just four points off the top of the PL table. It's a very decent record. The problem they've got is that Man City are absolutely phenomenal and will surely go the whole season unbeaten with 100 points on the board for the first time in PL history. So in comparison United look poor, but is it really fair to judge them/Mourinho against possibly the best team of all time?

A side full of big names lost to Bristol City.

He might have said "Well played, you deserved it and we were outplayed".

No, "You were lucky".

Classy.

boik

Too slightly crank down the hatred, he did spend 15 minutes chatting to Johnson before the game, and he did say afterwards "But they played brilliantly, they fought like it was the game of their lives which probably it was. A beautiful day for football."

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ferguson was unlikeable but was on a different planet as a manager to Mourinho.

Both of the snarling, hateful, would do absolutely anything to win, ilk.

But by many accounts, such as those who saw Fergie speak at Bobby Robson’s service, he’s a decent human being.

Mourinho is a snide, such as, when in mob chaos, trying to eye gouge the Barca coach. Charming at first, now a bitter bore.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I agree with a lot of the comments about Mourinho and his personality. All I would say in his defence though is that Man United aren't actually doing too badly this season. They've got 41 points from 18 games and are comfortably through in the Champions League. At this stage last season they would have been just four points off the top of the PL table. It's a very decent record. The problem they've got is that Man City are absolutely phenomenal and will surely go the whole season unbeaten with 100 points on the board for the first time in PL history. So in comparison United look poor, but is it really fair to judge them/Mourinho against possibly the best team of all time?

The world’s first £1b cost squad, gathered at money the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs can only dream of.

Yet being outclassed in style, points and goals by the other mega cost squad.

At the bare minimum ManU should be first or second, so no plaudits are due.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here