Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Am I going mad or is Solly left footed?

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
I had a spare ticket for the 1901 at the weekend, so invited my friend who usually sits in the North stand. After Solly's woeful left footed shot towards the end of the Burnley game, my friend moaned "For f**k sake, he hasn't got a left foot". My instinctive response was "He's left footed". At which point, some woman sitting behind me (who've I've never seen before) tapped me on the shoulder and said "Don't you know much about football? I'm sure your friend could coach you", which was met by a good laugh by the people she was with, who I see there every game. They all seem baffled by my comment. So, back to the thread title, am I going mad or is he left footed?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I had a spare ticket for the 1901 at the weekend, so invited my friend who usually sits in the North stand. After Solly's woeful left footed shot towards the end of the Burnley game, my friend moaned "For f**k sake, he hasn't got a left foot". My instinctive response was "He's left footed". At which point, some woman sitting behind me (who've I've never seen before) tapped me on the shoulder and said "Don't you know much about football? I'm sure your friend could coach you", which was met by a good laugh by the people she was with, who I see there every game. They all seem baffled by my comment. So, back to the thread title, am I going mad or is he left footed?

Solly is all left foot, dont worry you arent going mad, shows the knowledge in and around 1901 at times.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Reminds me of when we bought Ryan and a friend said "He can't be that good. He doesn't even get on the bench for England". Obviously hadn't even considered the fact that he might not be English.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Thank you. I wonder what I'll find out at the Watford game... Maty Ryan's only 4 foot 3, right?

You'll be back in the 1901 club, pondering whether SM left leg will have a left field moment and actually put the ball in the back of the bloody net!
Either that or you'll find out who the female statto was, with her backing group. :cool:

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Who the hell do you go to football with!

The wrong people, clearly. The worst part is, my friend at the Burnley game has had a season ticket for over ten years. Madness.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Solly's one-footedness (very much his LEFT foot) has caused me a lot of frustration (and occasionally amusement at the lengths he would go to to kick the ball with his left foot) over the years. However, he does seem to be getting marginally better with using his right foot. My conclusion is these people are JCLs who didn't see him play at his left-footedness peak.

From that font of all knowledge, Wikipedia: "Steve King, his former manager at Lewes, described March as a "technically very good" player who "has bags of energy, is a box-to-box player, has a good left foot, a good shot, he sees things early and the weight of his passes is very good.""

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Reminds me of when we bought Ryan and a friend said "He can't be that good. He doesn't even get on the bench for England". Obviously hadn't even considered the fact that he might not be English.
Gerry Ryan...?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008

Surely this is not a serious question ?

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Surely this is not a serious question ?

It was one of those questions that I already knew the answer to, but began to second guess myself after being told I was wrong by at least half a dozen other 'fans'.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Thank you. I wonder what I'll find out at the Watford game... Maty Ryan's only 4 foot 3, right?

That's why he lets in soooo many soft goals !................................................................ Isn't it?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
This reminds me of when people in the crowd go MAD at an opposition player receiving the ball from a goal kick and start shouting "HE'S OFFSIDE!!!!".

The sheer bewilderment on their faces when I smugly inform them you can't be offside from a goal kick is always enjoyable.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here