Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Norwich move kids from main stand as adults pesistantly stand.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Good, now move all the old people outside

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Thecoffeecake

Oct 10, 2017
Philadelphia
Garbage. Don't blame the fans for poor designs of stadiums. Forcing people to sit is like forcing people to smoke.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Why can't the kids stand on milk crates like I had to? to soft this generation far to soft.

Yep, stood on a crate in the chicken run. When my dad took me into the West, I stood on the seat if its denizens roused themselves enough to stand and shout. That may have been rather infrequent.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have a work colleague who is a STH at Chelsea and sits behind one of the goals. A couple of weeks ago, everyone was standing and a photographer walked along in front of the stand videoing people. At the time they thought nothing of it, but he was saying that someone from the club has tipped them off that they will be getting a mail telling them that they have been spotted persistently standing and will be subject to having their st cancelled if it happens once more.

This happened at old Trafford not long ago. It is nothing new as chatting with some of the FC United fans a few years ago, as part of the reasons for leaving the club and setting up a new one( apart from the hatred of everything that the premier came to stand for) was the treatment of fans and the dictatorial nature of the club.

Until so called safe standing comes into being, this is going to be a ongoing problem for fans

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It would be really great if someone made a thread on safe standing.

Innit.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Until so called safe standing comes into being, this is going to be a ongoing problem for fans

Is the logical and sensible solution. The Taylor report is now dated and due to 'facts' coming to light after years of cover up, is largely discredited; although no fault of Taylor who could only act on the evidence presented to him

Standing area's work safely in Europe, whether normal terracing or rail seating. BHAFC touched on the subject sometime ago, but seem to have kicked the subject into the long grass. At the moment, hands are tied until the government changes the law. However, the Campaign for Safe Standing is continually campaigning to get a change in the law.

I understand people want to sit. Fine. Let them, but in an area where everyone is the same mindset. The current situation isn't working. Separate standing areas are the way forward. It would also help transform stadia in the top tier from the sterile happy clappy libraries that many have become.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I have a work colleague who is a STH at Chelsea and sits behind one of the goals. A couple of weeks ago, everyone was standing and a photographer walked along in front of the stand videoing people. At the time they thought nothing of it, but he was saying that someone from the club has tipped them off that they will be getting a mail telling them that they have been spotted persistently standing and will be subject to having their st cancelled if it happens once more.

This happened at old Trafford not long ago. It is nothing new as chatting with some of the FC United fans a few years ago, as part of the reasons for leaving the club and setting up a new one( apart from the hatred of everything that the premier came to stand for) was the treatment of fans and the dictatorial nature of the club.

I've never seen so many people in so many different parts of the ground stand throughout as when we were at Old Trafford a few weeks ago. I commented on it at the time.
I mentioned this on a thread the other week (that was about people standing at Norwich as well). My daughter's boyfriend is a STH at Old Trafford and always stands for the whole game, as do all the people around him. He says he's had 'several' letters over the years threatening to cancel his ST, he's ignored them and Man U have never carried out their threats. Given the huge waiting list there is for Man U STs you'd think they wouldn't mind making an example of a few as there would be no shortage of replacements (and perhaps they do), but Man U, like other clubs, also know that the 'standers' form the engine that generates the atmosphere. Ban them and it really will be all daytrippers and tourists.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here