Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Christmas lights

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Hi All

Taking the kids out to see Christmas lights in and around Brighton. There was a house in Amberley Drive Hangleton, and Stoney Lane Shoreham which had displays in previous years, does anyone know if they have a display this year?
Are there any other houses worth seeing?

thanks in advance

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
If you incorporate East Street, North Street, Bond Street and the Pier in to your walk, the lights there are quite nice.
Yes it does look like Winkle, but there is a "T" at the beginning!
These were taken last year, but they're pretty much the same this year.

Attachments

• Christmas lights 1.JPG
    Christmas lights 1.JPG
    344.9 KB · Views: 442
  • Christmas Lights 2.JPG
    Christmas Lights 2.JPG
    241.6 KB · Views: 449
  • Christmas lights 3.JPG
    Christmas lights 3.JPG
    233.4 KB · Views: 436
  • Christmas lights 4.JPG
    Christmas lights 4.JPG
    260.1 KB · Views: 445
Last edited:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Without trying to be too bah humbug, Christmas lights are getting a bit OTT aren't they? They're nice and all that but I'm sick of the willy waving contest between the blokes in my street it's become. You can probably see my road from deep outer space, it's ridiculous.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Which area of Brighton is the most chavvy? Head down there for Xmas lights - simple innit? ;)

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
hi all

taking the kids out to see christmas lights in and around brighton. There was a house in amberley drive hangleton, and stoney lane shoreham which had displays in previous years, does anyone know if they have a display this year?

Thanks in advance

burning of the clocks thursday

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Hi All

Taking the kids out to see Christmas lights in and around Brighton. There was a house in Amberley Drive Hangleton, and Stoney Lane Shoreham which had displays in previous years, does anyone know if they have a display this year?

thanks in advance

Stoney lane definitely there ...I understand one of the wind turbines has been designated to provide the power to run them :whistle:

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Orchard close Southwick? Off manor hall road used to have every house in the close all lit up, not sue if they all still do.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
It was an annual event to take the kids to a street in Peacehaven that had a mass of lights on display, there was a charity box which we used to put coins into.
I will always remember this and it was extra special when it was snowing at the time.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I moved to Vancouver in 1982, and was obvs homesick my first Christmas. I was invited to stay by a work collague and her husband. I remembr driving East from Point Greay and seeing all the Christmas lights. Back in the UK we did not do outside lights back then. The sight was stunning, and I have loved it ever since. When I moved back to blighty in 86, Christmas was a bit drabber as a consequence, so I am thrilled by the ever increasing 'north Americanisation' of Christmas lights.

On my street in Faversham we are a bit subdued, but even here there are several houses with outside lights, and of course you can see the lights inside as the old tradition of having MASSIVE curtains is now receding too. Marvellous.

So, no, I don't regard the lightshow as remotely chavvy. If you want chav, find the house with no lights or decorations and just a couple drinking hi test lager and smoking, while the kids scream in front of the telly.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I moved to Vancouver in 1982, and was obvs homesick my first Christmas. I was invited to stay by a work collague and her husband. I remembr driving East from Point Greay and seeing all the Christmas lights. Back in the UK we did not do outside lights back then. The sight was stunning, and I have loved it ever since. When I moved back to blighty in 86, Christmas was a bit drabber as a consequence, so I am thrilled by the ever increasing 'north Americanisation' of Christmas lights.

On my street in Faversham we are a bit subdued, but even here there are several houses with outside lights, and of course you can see the lights inside as the old tradition of having MASSIVE curtains is now receding too. Marvellous.

So, no, I don't regard the lightshow as remotely chavvy. If you want chav, find the house with no lights or decorations and just a couple drinking hi test lager and smoking, while the kids scream in front of the telly.

It's even easier now with battery lights, that switch on for 6 hours, and off for 18. We have a corkscrew box, in the middle of our lawn, with blue lights flashing on it. Hopefully, it will keep burglars at bay. :wink:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Without trying to be too bah humbug, Christmas lights are getting a bit OTT aren't they? They're nice and all that but I'm sick of the willy waving contest between the blokes in my street it's become. You can probably see my road from deep outer space, it's ridiculous.

Totally agree, I think its about time that Councils introduced requirements to obtain a permit to put up outside lights so that householders may think twice before subjecting everyone to these crass displays.

Yet another example of idiots being brainwashed by the USA, Xmas lights, Trick or Treat, School Proms, Black Friday, what next having a bank holiday on 4 July

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here