Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] £2.5k for a PSL...

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
There are currently two PSLs in W3B listed for sale on the ticket website (no, they're not mine!) at £2.5k each. That seems, ummm, a tad pricey, no? According to the form you use to buy the licences, there is supposed to be a copy of the full T&Cs for PSLs on the ticketing website; unsurprisingly, there isn't.

I wanted to read them to see if I had misunderstood what the benefits of holding a PSL were. Can anyone holding a PSL comment on what the main benefits now are please?

Disclaimer: I'm not in the market for them - just curious.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
dtiutppcrkgna7wue6tr.jpg

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
There are currently two PSLs in W3B listed for sale on the ticket website (no, they're not mine!) at £2.5k each. That seems, ummm, a tad pricey, no? According to the form you use to buy the licences, there is supposed to be a copy of the full T&Cs for PSLs on the ticketing website; unsurprisingly, there isn't.

I wanted to read them to see if I had misunderstood what the benefits of holding a PSL were. Can anyone holding a PSL comment on what the main benefits now are please?

Disclaimer: I'm not in the market for them - just curious.

From memory the value is in being able to transfer ownership and hence skip the season ticket waiting list.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
From memory the value is in being able to transfer ownership and hence skip the season ticket waiting list.

There was some stuff about the right to renew your seat at the in perpetuity....but the club have reneged on this in some cases as they have moved the seats.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Qty Seating Area Block Seat(s) Asking Price
1 W3B H 54 £2,500
1 W3B H 55 £2,500

I take it that means row H in WSU at the south stand end (probably somewhere between the 18yd line and the centre circle?)... £2500?? You must be joking!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Then i withdraw my reason for being ridiculously overcharged to watch a game of football and apologize , i can only think the seats in question must be heated and have a 80 minute Thai Massage option built in .

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
1 W3B H 54 £2,500
1 W3B H 55 £2,500

I take it that means row H in WSU at the south stand end (probably somewhere between the 18yd line and the centre circle?)... £2500?? You must be joking!

Anyone can put any price they like on anything they wish to sell.

However, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

This could well be of significant value to someone who's currently on the ST waiting list in position 4,000 or something. They could get a ST now, instead of waiting N years, where N is presumably a very large number. Whether it's worth £2.5k/seat to queue barge is up to the buyer, as Bozza has already posited.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This could well be of significant value to someone who's currently on the ST waiting list in position 4,000 or something. They could get a ST now, instead of waiting N years, where N is presumably a very large number. Whether it's worth £2.5k/seat to queue barge is up to the buyer, as Bozza has already posited.

I'm still struggling to see there is anywhere near that amount of value to most fans. I think I'm right in saying that it's been possible for Bronze members to buy tickets for every game to date, and I can't see that changing.

Technohead

Aug 10, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just a few seats away from me in the same row, and I can assure you that 1) They are no different from any other standard seat in the stadium and 2) I'm paying a fraction of that price for mine.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
For £2500, it's more a case of PMSL than PSL.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
1 W3B H 54 £2,500
1 W3B H 55 £2,500

Exactly, not even good seats! For that price I'd want to be sat next to Tony Bloom.. This whole idea of PSL's was misguided upon conception.

Does anyone have any idea how many PSL's were sold at the Amex?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I'm still struggling to see there is anywhere near that amount of value to most fans. I think I'm right in saying that it's been possible for Bronze members to buy tickets for every game to date, and I can't see that changing.

I haven't been tracking this. If so, then I absolutely agree. Even if not, £2.5k/seat to queue barge seems an awful lot of money.

I thought I read some time ago that PSL holders were also allowed to transfer their tickets to others on a game by game basis, as 1901ers can. It therefore gives legit transferability, but, again, not remotely worth £2.5k, imo. Edit: Umm, maybe to a tout gambling on us staying in the PL?

The very few 1901 tickets that are being permanently swapped are going for the pro-rata price of the unexpired licence value - so around £400 for a recently renewed (last year, from memory) 5-year licence. Of course, the ongoing annual cost of a West Upper ticket is cheaper than a West Middle 1901 seat, but still.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I haven't been tracking this. If so, then I absolutely agree. Even if not, £2.5k/seat to queue barge seems an awful lot of money.

The club intentionally didn't sell the ground out with season tickets so there are always match-by-match tickets sold. If you are a Bronze member then you have first dibs on those, so as long as you move relatively quickly you'll always be able to get tickets to each game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here