Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Belgrade?

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Great and good folks of NSC

Has anyone got any tips (food, beer haunts and things to do/don't) for Belgrade?

Visiting early in the new year.

:bhasign:

ta muchly

Teddy Maybank

Feb 23, 2009
There is a cool bar and restaurant on the Male Stepenice. Think it's called The Jazz Bar on the Old Town side of The Sava Bridge. Good for late night drinking.
I went to see Red Star and Partizan a lot. No one turns up unless it the derby. The Derby is something to see though. 20160917_171655447_iOS.jpg

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
One of the coolest cities I've ever visited. It feels very young and energetic. Saying that I was young and energetic so that could have something to do with it.Also the local tipple, I forget the name, is good. We got two bottles of it and sat on the city walls facing the river, where you can look out and see 'Viktor'. I remember the guard came up to us and I thought he was going to chuck us out, but he just wanted a swig and a ciggarette. We ended up by the river on the party boats and met some teenagers who taught us swear words, I think. The thing I can think of to recommend is the public drinking on long benches where musicians go from group to group. They're supposed to work so hard you slap a note on their head and if it sticks they keep it. See the fortress, the Tesla museum is good. Have a blast.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I went 15 years ago so any advice on bars/restaurants will be out of date.

The view from the castle is great, well worth getting to the top of the hill - you have a great view of the three rivers.

It's also the scariest place I've been for crossing the road, drivers just seem ignore pedestrian crossings.

Learn Cyrillic before going, it will help enormously in navigating your way around.

It's a crazy place though, I enjoyed it thoroughly

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Brilliant City The Bohemian part is good for beers Lav and Zoffman which is a dark beer. Go i spent 6 wonderful days Hotel Prag very central and cheap but cheerful.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Thanks to everyone (except Dr No - and you can sti*k your horrible little cat as well)

:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here