Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Which players may leave in January ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Aside from any speculation about Dunk which is clearly a bigger topic in itself...

Places will need to be made in the 25 man squad for new recruits.

Skalak ( loan ) ?
Goldson ( loan ) ?

Murphy - but the club arn't keen on letting him go...

Sidwell ??? - Home Grown Player which means he'll surely stay unless his injury doesn't look good.

Hunemeier ??? - Cash in so he doesn't "walk away on a free" in the summer ?

Maenpaa ??? - Seems to have no future at the club. Maybe replace with a Home Grown Player if the numbers don't look good.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Walton back to replace Maenpaa
Goldson and Skalak loan
Baldock sold as CH seems to not want him in the squad

Will make room for a couple.

I think Hughton not rating Baldock is not true, there is more to this than meets the eye imo. No idea what though I could speculate but won’t.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Ryan, too short
Suttner, can’t defend
Schelotto, bit rubbish
Bruno, too old
Knocky, too petulant
March, lost his way
Propper, never plays in his best position
Izquierdo, didn’t celebrate
Baldock, sick note
Murray, doesn’t score
Maenpaa, once we are out of the FA Cup

Whilst we are at it, Hughton, too defensive

That leaves lots of room to transform our great club

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think Hughton not rating Baldock is not true, there is more to this than meets the eye imo. No idea what though I could speculate but won’t.

I might be wrong but didn't Baldock have a good 2nd half to last season after missing some of the 1st half through injury? perhaps hughton is protecting him now and will unleash him in 2018. Clearly much will depend on the quality and type of forward(s) we sign in January, if any.

Baldock's antics after we gained promotion (crowd surfing, etc) was surprising given how prone he is to injury.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Skalak looking likely to go, not PL quality and inconsistent at best in Championship. Even if we can't offload him, would be very surprised if we name him in the 25 man January squad. One free place, could be filled by a new striker or new midfield cover.

Sidwell and Maenpaa likely to run down their contracts and go in summer, same with Rosenior and Uwe unless he doesn't mind being third (or even fourth) choice. Don't see suitors for any of them apart from Uwe perhaps, and we can't risk cashing in on him in January when he'd only be worth a few million at best, and would leave us desperately short for cover unless we bring in a loanee. Only one out of the four I can see being left out of January squad is Maenpaa, if he needs to be removed to free space and Sanchez ends up becoming the third keeper.

Murphy unlikely to leave along with Skalak as that would leave us with three permanent wingers and a Chelsea loanee that can play there but not his best position. Winger not an area of priority signings wise so can see Murphy staying and fighting for his place until the summer, where he might have a future here depending on what division we're in. Unless the unthinkable happens and Kaz makes a temporary comeback, to allow Murphy to go on loan.

Can't see any first team regulars leaving mid season, we never usually do that

In short, no Skalak in January squad which leaves one free place. Possibly leave Maenpaa out as well if we have an academy player that can step up

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Skalak
LuaLua (not part of the 25, but think his time with us is done)
Murphy (if Hughton rates him, then why did he play Izzy Brown on the left against Liverpool and Huddersfield?)

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Out
Skalak, Baldock, Murphy, Goldson, LuaLua

In
1/2 wingers, 2 strikers, one multipurpose defender and one holding central midfielder

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Knockaert could conceivably go

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Waiting until Feb 1st before I get his name on the shirt !!
Heard yesterday he’s put a transfer request in. Been turned down but this led to another incident which is why he was left out of the Huddersfield game

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why do people think Goldson will go when he is likely going to feature against Watford, Palace and possibly Chelsea too of Dunk gets booked next week?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Because if the club had bought in cover this summer Connor could have conceivably played league 22 games already this season.
CG has played 29 league games for the Albion since 2015.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here