Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] West Ham's Manuel Lanzini is charged by the FA for diving against Stoke

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
The Argentine fell to the ground as he was challenged by defender Erik Pieters and the Hammers were awarded a penalty, which put them 1-0 up in*a 3-0 victory.

The incident was referred to an independent three-person FA panel who deemed he had deceived the referee.

Lanzini has until 18:00 GMT on Tuesday, 19 December to respond to the charge.

If the charge is upheld, he is set to get a two-match ban that would rule him out of Tuesday's League Cup quarter-final against Arsenal and Premier League game at home against Newcastle on Saturday."

Can anyone link a video of the dive?

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Saw this on MOTD and immediately thought he would be in trouble under new rules. Clumsy defending to be fair but he made the most of it, looked like he was already going down.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Odd one really, if he'd kept running, Butland would likely have made contact and it would have been a stone-waller. As it stands, he ended up going down 20 mins before the contact.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Hate diving....deserves everything he gets.

Exactly this.

Hopefully more and more players will be banned and finally managers (and fans) will tell them to stop. I don't think Stoke had a chance all game so it wouldn't have made any difference to the result but in a way that makes it worse as he didn't need to do it.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Saw this on MOTD and immediately thought he would be in trouble under new rules. Clumsy defending to be fair but he made the most of it, looked like he was already going down.

I still think Winifred is lucky from the first penalty awarded in his favour at the weekend. The 'keeper may have gift-wrapped it for him but he couldn't resist.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
I can’t see the difference between Lanzini & Zaha’s dives for pens. I’m now more worried about the inconsistency of the FA than the referees!!!!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
They should change the rules so they can charge Jose as well, criminal dive. Absolutely criminal and he should be told in no uncertain terms it's not acceptable.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
...If the charge is upheld, he is set to get a two-match ban that would rule him out of Tuesday's League Cup quarter-final against Arsenal and Premier League game at home against Newcastle on Saturday."

Newcastle are in 17th place and 1 point behind Stoke. So if Lanzini is banned and West Ham are forced to play a second-choice midfielder against Newcastle, Stoke face the prospect of being robbed twice, which hardly seems fair. I'm sure Stoke would rather West Ham were able to field their strongest possible team vs. Newcastle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here