Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pen on Duffy?

Big_Unit

Sep 5, 2011
Hove
I haven't seen any mention of this on here (apols if fixtures), but in the 1st half on Saturday there seemed to be an absolute gold-plated pen for us for a foul on Duffy. The Burnley player tripped over his own feet and landed on Duffy's legs from behind. Completely wiped him out.

Was it a pen or am I making it up? Has anyone seen it replayed?

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
I haven't seen any mention of this on here (apols if fixtures), but in the 1st half on Saturday there seemed to be an absolute gold-plated pen for us for a foul on Duffy. The Burnley player tripped over his own feet and landed on Duffy's legs from behind. Completely wiped him out.

Was it a pen or am I making it up? Has anyone seen it replayed?

I haven't seen a replay but do remember this incident. You aren't imagining it but can't have been much of a penalty shout if highlights or CH didn't mention it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As with the Murray decision, the players were running towards us, in the Family Stand.

I saw it as both players were running away from the goal and distant from the ball, when it all got a bit 'tanglely'.
Despite the protests around me, my first thought was 'how would Duffy react if that was given down the other end'?

Not a penalty.

Big_Unit

Sep 5, 2011
Hove
Agreed. I thought on the day that the Duffy incident was more of a pen than the one we got. But as I say I've not seen it again.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It happened right in front of us. Duffy was running out of the area towards the East stand, and didn't have control of the ball. It was a foul, but the ref must have decided not worthy of a penalty.
Anywhere else on the pitch, it would have been a free kick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here