Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert vs the East Stand

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Forgot about this until just now and don't think I've seen it on any other thread about the Burnley game.

Knocky seems agitated and emotional this season but I don't recall him mouthing off at our own fans at any point. But that seemed to happen yesterday in the first half on three occasions – seemed like someone in the East near the half way line was giving him grief.

Anyone know what was going on?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Dunk did the same once - bloody Eaststanders!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Forgot about this until just now and don't think I've seen it on any other thread about the Burnley game.

Knocky seems agitated and emotional this season but I don't recall him mouthing off at our own fans at any point. But that seemed to happen yesterday in the first half on three occasions – seemed like someone in the East near the half way line was giving him grief.

Anyone know what was going on?

Do you think he’s more emotional this season than last?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Surprised he could hear anything coming from the east stand..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I sit in the east and mostly heard what was going on, a drunk behind me started getting agitated and said a few words when he lost the ball. Also when he didn’t get up off the floor at one point, a lot of people told him to ‘get up!’.

I know a few of us are frustrated, but getting on knocky’s back is the WORST thing you could possibly do. That type of player needs encouragement and support.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Probably just as emotional, but doesn't seem as happy, from my limited perspective of the situation.

Until this season we’ve only ever seen him when he’s winning and everything is going his way. Maybe he is finding the step up to the Prem tough and now we’re seeing another side to his character which was masked last season?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Until this season we’ve only ever seen him when he’s winning and everything is going his way. Maybe he is finding the step up to the Prem tough and now we’re seeing another side to his character which was masked last season?

I think most of us like watching players who get emotionally involved. I mean compare and contrast with characters like, say, Jamie Moralee or Leon Best.

Knocky did have some difficult games in the Championship to be fair, so I don't think the frustrations of this season are altogether new to him (and a Leicester-supporting friend told me when we signed him that with them the Prem had seemed to be a step too far at the time).

Despite all that I thought he had one of his better games yesterday and was unlucky not to score. If I was manager I'd need a bloody good reason not to pick him.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Despite all that I thought he had one of his better games yesterday and was unlucky not to score. If I was manager I'd need a bloody good reason not to pick him.
Yea he had one of his better games and has done better than I thought he would this year in the prem. He is a very emotional person and can kick off at the smallest thing we just need to focus his emotions on the positives.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
That is the problem with shouting from the east stand lower- everyone can hear you (if they're awake)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here