Back in Sussex
Blacking up seems to be a thing again.

Screen Shot 2017-12-17 at 21.12.39.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-17 at 21.13.50.png

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
One huuuuuuuuundred and eiiiiiiiiighteeeeeeee .........degree u-turn by the Tories on their latest policy.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Genius

1. exceptional intellectual or creative power or other natural ability. "she was a teacher of genius"
synonyms: brilliance, great intelligence, great intellect, great ability, cleverness, brains, erudition, wisdom, sagacity, fine mind, wit, artistry, flair, creative power, precocity, precociousness More
2. an exceptionally intelligent person or one with exceptional skill in a particular area of activity.
"a mathematical genius"

Which boxes does this idiot tick then?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I find it incredible in 2017 this still goes on

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Genius

1. exceptional intellectual or creative power or other natural ability. "she was a teacher of genius"
synonyms: brilliance, great intelligence, great intellect, great ability, cleverness, brains, erudition, wisdom, sagacity, fine mind, wit, artistry, flair, creative power, precocity, precociousness More
2. an exceptionally intelligent person or one with exceptional skill in a particular area of activity.
"a mathematical genius"

Geniuses can also be stupid from time to time. Nikola Tesla once fell in love with a pigeon (proper "I want to marry you" kind of love).

Genius

"a mathematical genius"

Outraged.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Geniuses can also be stupid from time to time. Nikola Tesla once fell in love with a pigeon (proper "I want to marry you" kind of love).

Fair point. After all, Van Gogh chopped his ear off. I wonder what talent our darts punter has then?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Twitter has broken down at the outrage at Griezmann.

:facepalm:

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Genius

"a mathematical genius"

wit, artistry, flair, cleverness so only four then...

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Fair point. After all, Van Gogh chopped his ear off. I wonder what talent our darts punter has then?

Certainly not keeping abreast with modern sensibilities. I can't say I'm particularly bothered about people blacking up but I'm not black so doesn't really affect me. I've a mate however who is and I know it bothers him a lot. He's as far from a right-on liberal as you can get too so if it's enough to make him riled then I reckon it probably annoys a lot of people. Aside from anything else, the risk of getting abuse, a punch in the mush or simply barred from going into places should be enough to stop most people from doing it.

I do like the 190 scorecard though. That's quite clever but not so much the rest.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I find it quite amusing purely because it's so taboo to black up these days. A strange thing to want to do though.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The 190 gag is pretty clever but to pull it off, he had to look like Dianne Abbott didn't he?

Is it the case that white folk can't do black fancy dress and vice versa?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here