Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Substitutes

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Simple question that I am trying to rack my brain about when have we brought on a sub that has changed the course of a game in our favour?

Izquierdo came on against Everton and had the shot that rebounded to Knockaert for his goal.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Most subs have been like for like to freshen up players rather than a different option to freshen up the tactic

That is my view and would sometimes rather they be brought on to change the game like yesterday when looking unlikely to score. If only we had a David Fairclough a la Liverpool of the 70s and 80s.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Simple question that I am trying to rack my brain about when have we brought on a sub that has changed the course of a game in our favour?
Eric Potts in 1978.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We only have like for like in every position. Goes back to the summer were we failed to get the different striker we needed.

I know it has been mentioned many times but I would have liked to have bought on SB yesterday as he offers something different to both Murray and Hemed.and may have been the one to break the deadlock with his mobility.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I know it has been mentioned many times but I would have liked to have bought on SB yesterday as he offers something different to both Murray and Hemed.and may have been the one to break the deadlock with his mobility.

Hang on... i thought your duties only extended to left back coach...have you been promoted? :facepalm:

Did you discuss this with your son and those around you...and did they all agree?

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Maybe Hughton would have sent him on if he'd been on the bench; he wasn't, so the option wasn't available.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Our subs tend to be brought on to ensure that we maintain what we have already got from the game. Unless you are an established PL team who can bring a £40m+ player off the bench it is unlikely that any sub will impact a PL game to the extent that you are possibly looking for.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Our subs tend to be brought on to ensure that we maintain what we have already got from the game. Unless you are an established PL team who can bring a £40m+ player off the bench it is unlikely that any sub will impact a PL game to the extent that you are possibly looking for.

I am just looking for a change when it is obvious that what we are doing isnt working as per Baldock or similar for Murray rather than Hemed as that is like for like but not as effective.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Its a puzzle for sure...i think most would prefer to see Baldock as cover for Gross and not Izzy Brown

Maybe the club have sold him and don't want him injured. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here