Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why spend the money

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why did we spend the best part of £10m on Propper an then not play him in the position that he was playing in when we bought him and much the same with Izquierdo who we do not play to his strengths.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Why did we spend the best part of £10m on Propper an then not play him in the position that he was playing in when we bought him and much the same with Izquierdo who we do not play to his strengths.

You really are desperate to up your post count you miserable ########### go bake a cake its marginally more interesting

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Who would you have played in midfield with Stephens instead this season so far ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I perhaps wouldnt have bought him to play there and bought a more defensive minded midfielder or played him further forward as he did for PSV where he scored 16 goals in 67 games or Netherlands 3 goals in 8 games. As it stands I would look at Kayal and then push Propper forward to compete with Gross. as CH seems reluctant to include SB in his plans or team selection.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
You really are desperate to up your post count you miserable ########### go bake a cake its marginally more interesting

I just did, and it was.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I perhaps wouldnt have bought him to play there and bought a more defensive minded midfielder or played him further forward as he did for PSV where he scored 16 goals in 67 games or Netherlands 3 goals in 8 games. As it stands I would look at Kayal and then push Propper forward to compete with Gross. as CH seems reluctant to include SB in his plans or team selection.

Don’t think CH knew both Kayal and Sidwell would be crocked when we bought him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Don’t think CH knew both Kayal and Sidwell would be crocked when we bought him.

Which adds more to the argument about buying the right man to do the job required not break you transfer record and then play the man out of position. Perhaps we would buy a striker and then play him in midfield if Gross was injured. The argument against that of course is Rooney.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Which adds more to the argument about buying the right man to do the job required not break you transfer record and then play the man out of position. Perhaps we would buy a striker and then play him in midfield if Gross was injured. The argument against that of course is Rooney.

??? He’s being played out of position out if necessity because one of our main midfielders broke his leg in a preseason friendly, and his cover did his back in.

el punal

I don't know. Why did we? Perhaps you might give Chris Hughton or Paul Barber or Tony Bloom a call and then let us know the answer.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
much the same with Izquierdo who we do not play to his strengths.

Care to explain what Izqiuerdo's strengths are? Nobody had ever heard of him right up to the point he became our record signing. After which, we all frantically Googled him in search of some enlightenment.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
??? He’s being played out of position out if necessity because one of our main midfielders broke his leg in a preseason friendly, and his cover did his back in.

That was in July./early August so we had time to sign an out of contract player as a stop gap or even spend more money on a replacement. I have no objection to buying him but play him in the position that he impressed in to make him a possible signing. The same goes with JI we do not play to his strengths having spent £13+m on him for what he was doing for Brugge where he scored 34 goals in 84 games.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Textbook bullying by certain people

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That was in July./early August so we had time to sign an out of contract player as a stop gap or even spend more money on a replacement. I have no objection to buying him but play him in the position that he impressed in to make him a possible signing. The same goes with JI we do not play to his strengths having spent £13+m on him for what he was doing for Brugee

For whatever reason, though, we didn’t, so don’t have much choice other than to play him there at the moment. Sure we’d all like to see what he can do in front of the midfield.....maybe more of an opportunity if Kayal gets back to his best. More likely, though, that we sign another midfielder in Jan.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Care to explain what Izqiuerdo's strengths are? Nobody had ever heard of him right up to the point he became our record signing. After which, we all frantically Googled him in search of some enlightenment.

Fans of Club Brugge have been on here saying he was given a free role to roam and torment the defenders and this brought him 34 goals in 84 games Can you see him matching anything like those figures for us?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
For whatever reason, though, we didn’t, so don’t have much choice other than to play him there at the moment. Sure we’d all like to see what he can do in front of the midfield.....maybe more of an opportunity if Kayal gets back to his best. More likely, though, that we sign another midfielder in Jan.

That is the whole point I am asking why as a discussion topic and perhaps somebody has a view on the answer.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That is the whole point I am asking why as a discussion topic and perhaps somebody has a view on the answer.

Not really...think your question should really have been ‘why didn’t we sign more midfield cover in the summer’........we’re playing Davy out of position because we haven’t really got a choice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here