Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sean Dyche - slippery as an eel

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
He said on MOTD when asked about the Tarkowski elbow into Murray's ribs and non penalty given, "I haven't seen it yet" and quickly changed the subject and attacked the Izquierdo dive for a no penalty, despite Mee's arm being outstretched at throat level.

I know all managers have to defend their corner and their own, but he is so dishonest, he claimed on opening day that Craig Pawson had a good game, as he sent off 2 Chelsea players for a tackle (Cahill) and complaining (Fabregas), when compared to Kane & Alle horrendous challenges yesterday they were nothing!

They hung on for a 3-2 v 9 men, and the Burnley 'myth' of 2017 started. I thought they were very ordinary and should have gone home pointless despite what Dyche deludes himself about or doesn't!

Last edited:

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
It would be could to see all the incidents from different angles the first penalty was clever by Glen Murray the elbow more a penalty
The third one I think he may be in a little bit of trouble unless a camera shot from a different angle shows contact that none of us saw.:facepalm:

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
It would be could to see all the incidents from different angles the first penalty was clever by Glen Murray the elbow more a penalty
The third one I think he may be in a little bit of trouble unless a camera shot from a different angle shows contact that none of us saw.:facepalm:

An elbow in the chest which is a deliberate attempt to injure another player is in my book a lot more serious than a dive so I would hope if anybody is in trouble it is the Burnley player.

el punal

He said on MOTD when asked about the Tarkowski elbow into Murray's ribs and non penalty given, "I haven't seen it yet" and quickly changed the subject and attacked the Izquierdo dive for a no penalty, despite Mee's arm being outstretched at throat level.

I know all managers have to defend their corner and their own, but he is so dishonest, he claimed on opening day that Craig Pawson had a good game, as he sent off 2 Chelsea players for a tackle (Cahill) and complaining (Fabregas), when compared to Kane & Alle horrendous challenges yesterday they were nothing!

They hung on for a 3-2 v 9 men, and the Burnley 'myth' of 2017 started. I thought they were very ordinary and should have gone home pointless despite what Dyche deludes himself about or doesn't!

I think the fact that they're 5th in the Premier League counters any argument or criticism that you might have.

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
An elbow in the chest which is a deliberate attempt to injure another player is in my book a lot more serious than a dive so I would hope if anybody is in trouble it is the Burnley player.

That is the point, Sean Dyche 'The Righteous' immediately deflected the topic to Izquierdo!

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
I think the fact that they're 5th in the Premier League counters any argument or criticism that you might have.

I'd say they have had great fortune as well as hard graft, but are in a false position, Albion could and should have beaten them yesterday.

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
I guess he also feels that 'cheating' is not important, ie Pope's ludicrous delays taking goal kicks or free kicks. So why he having a go at Izquierdo I don't know?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
When we played them 2 seasons ago in the joey barton game, i was lucky enough to be in the post match press conference. Before it started a member of burnley backroom staff came in and spoke to the local burnley paper reporter and reminded him of certain things Dyche would rather talk about .....and that if they played ball then theyvwould get an exclusive later in the week. Im sure many teams do it but it is a calculated act

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008
The squeaky, ginger Dalek only sees what he wants to see.
Irksome little man, constantly berating the 4th official.

Last edited:

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
That is the point, Sean Dyche 'The Righteous' immediately deflected the topic to Izquierdo!

'Sean Dyche doing what every other manager does shocker..'

If they are 'very ordinary' then where have their 14 extra points come from ?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Burnley have done extraordinarily well under Dyche and he deserves some sort of respect for that ..but imho a touch of humility and honesty from him wouldn’t go amiss

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

There is no possibility of Izquierdo being 'in trouble'. Had it been given, yes. But it wasn't, so there is no case to answer.

They COULD look at the one GM got, but unlikely.

Tarkowski will be having a nice, perfectly timed Christmas and New Year holiday.

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
'Sean Dyche doing what every other manager does shocker..'

If they are 'very ordinary' then where have their 14 extra points come from ?

They have done extremely well, but not without some great fortune too, Ref Pawson literally awarding them 3 points at Stamford Bridge. What they are, is a tough no nonsense seasoned campaigners side, playing a tight system, that has the ability to grind out unlikely away victories - as they threatened in the last 20 mins yesterday.

All credit to them, but to me they are in a false position at present and the second half will see them back to their level.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
The given penalty was correct.

The elbow in the ribs should be subject of further action.

Jose's tumble was worse than Niasse's so I fear he'll get some time off.

His tactics were boring. Put it out at every opportunity to enable defensive regroup and then have Pope take proper liberties with the clock. And he's got a disc beard.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
No penalty given for the jose dive so no action will be taken. If a penalty had been awarded he would have faced action.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Jose's tumble was worse than Niasse's so I fear he'll get some time off.

That's not how the reviews for diving work though, is it?

Niasse was deemed to have conned the ref as he got a penalty. Jose got nothing so it's as you were. Well, other than the fact it was an utterly embarrassing incident.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here