Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wot no ref thread?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Apologies if it's been on another thread but thought the ref was very poor today. A braver ref might have done something when Pope seemingly hand balled after their player had taken the free kick. He consistently waved for Pope to speed things up then didn't book him and hardly added any time on for it.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Similar thing happen shortly afterwards. Pope put the ball down to take a quick goal kick but changed him mind and picked the ball up again to place it in a different place. Still it doesn't surprise me we are the new boys and get zero 50 50 or even 70 30 decisions

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Inconsistent with his decision making....especially any aerial challenges

IMG_0168.jpg

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
watched match on Bein,they played several play backs on ref and lino decisions and found that most of them were correct,i didn't think he was too bad. As for time wasting do they mean the same as Brighton did against Spurs

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
watched match on Bein,they played several play backs on ref and lino decisions and found that most of them were correct,i didn't think he was too bad. As for time wasting do they mean the same as Brighton did against Spurs

Yes. Ref should have have dealt with it both on Wednesday and yesterday. I will never understand why refs don't give the goalie one warning and then issue a yellow the next time they waste time rather than just continually hurry them up until occasionally giving a yellow in the 85th minute. It would soon cut it out and, yes of course we offend as much as anyone.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
More concerned that in the second half the Burnley player looked 6/8 yards offside thanks they didn't score.
Watched it again sober today the offside may not have been but the last kick of the match was Stevens tee up and the commentator said watch a strange choice when chipped it in to no one . Why don't Brighton players have go when they got good shooting positions.:facepalm::goal:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It seems to me that the Albion have to be less niave and start playing the PL game that the other teams seem to be getting away with things.
I wouldn't mind if CH was more vocal and haranguing the referee, using the whole of his managers area.
I've seen Pulis, Klopp, Dyche to a few doing this, it's just intimidation, or playing the game IMO.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought the ref was ok but what did annoy me and does with every ref why do they not carry an electronic tape to measure out 10 yds surely they are available where you can pre set the 10 yds and it bleep when you have reached the point. Yesterday he took 8 very small steps and a shuffle nothing like 10 yds and this happens in most games so either counteract it to enforce it or scrap the rule.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here