Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Amex Has To Wake Up

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The atmosphere we created against Sheffield Wednesday 2 seasons ago was immense, the stuff of legend, But we have to start repeating that for league games. This was a massive game today, but fans North, South, East and West have to realise they need a bit more. Yeah, 0-0 today but felt we could have done a bit more, and we're going to have to against Watford & Bournrmouth.

We have our part to play.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Even the train driver as we pulled into falmer asked us to make some noise as we were so quiet

Mamy Christmas do's last night may not have helped - excuses excuses

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Even the train driver as we pulled into falmer asked us to make some noise as we were so quiet

Mamy Christmas do's last night may not have helped - excuses excuses

Exactly, the North did it best, but crickey the majority of fans in West and East are going to have to get involved - 1 x Albion Albion per game isn't going to be enough. Today wasn't enough from us the fans, not by a long chalk and to be fair the team gave enough to get behind.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I wasn't there today, but the atmosphere at the beginning of the season was fantastic. Maybe not up with Sheffield Wednesday, but not too far away.

Next Saturday is a massive game, probably the biggest of the season to date.

We expect the 11 blokes in blue and white to be up for it - we need to be too.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Atmosphere was rubbish today and there seemed to be a lot of moaners and groaners around too. Decent performance from the team particularly first half, deserved better.

Atmosphere was rubbish today and there seemed to be a lot of moaners and groaners around too. Decent performance from the team particularly first half, deserved better.

Seemed good from where we were in East Stand lower by the North Stand corner??

Tekanne

Feb 4, 2015
Yawn. The atmosphere for that Wednesday game was due to the importance of the game and how unlikely it was that we'd overcome the aggregate. You don't reach those levels playing Burnley at home for obvious reasons. Hard to sing when half the team don't look interested tbh

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I sit in the NW corner and some of the songs the fans at the back start singing are just shite, it’s no wonder the atmosphere never gets going.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yawn. The atmosphere for that Wednesday game was due to the importance of the game and how unlikely it was that we'd overcome the aggregate. You don't reach those levels playing Burnley at home for obvious reasons. Hard to sing when half the team don't look interested tbh

How is getting to the Premier League less important than staying there? Sorry, but if fans cannot realise every home game is currently as big as that Wednesday game, then they are either deluded, ignorant or clueless.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
We felt it was all a bit subdued today for whatever reason.

The underlining detail was, at the end, whilst many still remained the applause for the departing players was somewhat muted in relation to recent times.

Tekanne

Feb 4, 2015
How is getting to the Premier League less important than staying there? Sorry, but if fans cannot realise every home game is currently as big as that Wednesday game, then they are either deluded, ignorant or clueless.

No problem, me and most of the stadium today are all deluded, ignorant and clueless. Out of interest, do you sit down and look forward to starting a thread on NSC complaining about atmosphere, or do you try and make a difference?

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
No problem, me and most of the stadium today are all deluded, ignorant and clueless. Out of interest, do you sit down and look forward to starting a thread on NSC complaining about atmosphere, or do you try and make a difference?

Predictable answer from someone who obviously doesn't contribute, or only when they think it's big enough. :shrug:

Tekanne

Feb 4, 2015
If you read it, it was an observation, your reply got prickly. Wierd.

Right. Brighton & Hove Albion are not Bourissia Dortmund. We don’t have a history of being loud and the Amex is not an intimidating place to come. People need to be realistic with what the atmosphere is always going to be like. Similarly, most grounds in the Prem are quiet, bar a few

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Right. Brighton & Hove Albion are not Bourissia Dortmund. We don’t have a history of being loud and the Amex is not an intimidating place to come. People need to be realistic with what the atmosphere is always going to be like. Similarly, most grounds in the Prem are quiet, bar a few

Sssh....one or two of the more 'lively' have a (dare I say it) drum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here