Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Perspective?

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
So if we are shite, no strikers, toothless, sign Messi or we're down, Houghton's out of his depth, Jose is a one trick pony and Knocky is finished etc etc etc etc, how can we possibly dominate a game against a side 5th in the hallowed PL?
In fact, we are playing shite, and yes, we don't have a front man/men whos effective ATM, and yet we are still holding it together. Loads to play for and plenty of room for improvement in the squad. I'm not worried, and thought we played much better today, chasing everywhere, and lovely to sea the bus in the car park and not on the field. Man up, stand up and stop crying about a tough run. It's a point that could keep us up.

:albion2:

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
So if we are shite, no strikers, toothless, sign Messi or we're down, Houghton's out of his depth, Jose is a one trick pony and Knocky is finished etc etc etc etc, how can we possibly dominate a game against a side 5th in the hallowed PL?
In fact, we are playing shite, and yes, we don't have a front man/men whos effective ATM, and yet we are still holding it together. Loads to play for and plenty of room for improvement in the squad. I'm not worried, and thought we played much better today, chasing everywhere, and lovely to sea the bus in the car park and not on the field. Man up, stand up and stop crying about a tough run. It's a point that could keep us up.

I’m in

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
And 3 points v Watford will almost drag them down to our level in the table.

Time to focus on next Saturday with optimism.

Let's reel Watford in.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now

Is Ray around again???

Btw, good point.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

A more realistic sense of perspective is that both Palace and West Ham won 3-0 away from home today.

All these pissy home draws aren't really going to be enough without us scoring the occasional winner. And that means investing in proper PL level strikers.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
I'll take a point at home while we are in a rut all day long Tom. Remember Man U, we made them look ordinary with the same players.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

Or the two we needed to save us from the trap door

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Or the two we needed to save us from the trap door

Hence the thread title.

So every time we don't get 3 points we've failed. Good luck with enjoying your season.

To me, especially ATM, anything but a loss is good.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
A more realistic sense of perspective is that both Palace and West Ham won 3-0 away from home today.

All these pissy home draws aren't really going to be enough without us scoring the occasional winner. And that means investing in proper PL level strikers.

I have one foot on the bus but...
Continuing to draw at home could be an issue

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
1. Any side can beat any other side on their day. It's why Huddersfield beat Manchester United and how goalless and pointless Crystal Palace beat last season's champions Chelsea. If football was simply a matter of Team A > Team B and that dictated results, it would be pretty boring.

2. This division is made up of one outstanding side, five very decent sides and fourteen sides who are relatively closely grouped. Burnley and us are part of that third group.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
1. Any side can beat any other side on their day. It's why Huddersfield beat Manchester United and how goalless and pointless Crystal Palace beat last season's champions Chelsea. If football was simply a matter of Team A > Team B and that dictated results, it would be pretty boring.

2. This division is made up of one outstanding side, five very decent sides and fourteen sides who are relatively closely grouped. Burnley and us are part of that third group.

I agree with 2. My independent view:

Champions seems to be settled. I thought it was after the first weekend.
Nothing much to choose between the next five.

The rest and there isn't much to choose between them. It might go down to injuries at the crunch time. Points on board count for Watford and Burnley.

PS: We are below our points tally of 37 pts with three too many home draws. 6 pts below.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here