Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ashley Barnes MIXING It From The Moment He Came On

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Let Maty Ryan know he was there earlydoors.

Proved far more of a handful for Dunk and Duffy than any Burnley player had up to that point.

With a player like Ashley Barnes in the side, you might go down ,but you'd always go down FIGHTING.

Total respect :bowdown:

(and good to see the Albion applause when he came on as sub)

:clap2:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Still can't score though. :lolol:

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Pantamine villain which I’m sure he enjoyed despite the decent greeting from the north.. Good cameo and put himself about. Little naughty on ryan but yellow was right

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Don't be so soft man.

I thought it fell quite clearly into the violent play category. He ran into him with the clear intention of taking Ryan out a good couple of seconds after Ryan had caught the ball. There was no intention to play the game, to play the ball etc. It was a red card. I thought the ref bottled it. But considering the ref’s performance, that’s no surprise as he was abysmal.

Still, from a neutral’s perspective, I imagine it was hilarious. Had it happened to De Gea or Pope, for example, I’d have laughed. I’d have still thought it was a red card though.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I actually thought the booking was harsh :shrug:

Didn't like him for a single second he was on, felt far more relaxed with Wood on!!!

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Behaved like a complete wanker . Was a definite red card, violent conduct. Has always been the same, horrible, dirty , gobby *******.....which was of course acceptable when he played for us but not when against us!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Not so sure. In a big game like today I was a bit confused to see him getting a standing ovation from some. At the end of the day he still plays for the opposition :shrug:

Ah someone who doesn't get it!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I like him as a player, didn't clap during his warm-up or pitch entry but feel he would be an asset were he in our present set up.

This is accentuated by the apparent 'can't do any wrong' love affair some have with a few of our actual current personnel.

On to next week.........

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
And should’ve been a red card. But we’ll overlook that.

Don't be so soft man.

Red???? Barely a yellow and 100% done to wind the North Stand up and show us he's nailed his colours to Burnley's mast now - as he should.

The referee was certainly odd today. I couldn't tell if Izqueirdo dived at the end from my lofty seat but to give nothing for such a dramatic fall seemed odd - it's either a foul or a dive and the ref gave neither. Got several 50/50s wrong (both ways). I thought our penalty was a little harsh, then he missed an all out elbow assault on Murray's throat in the box that should have been a pen and a red.

But back to Barnsy. We miss him. Criminally underrated when he was here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here