Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Burnley: one point gained or two points dropped?

Burnley: one point gained or two points lost?

• One point gained

Votes: 28 13.3%
  • Two points dropped

Votes: 182 86.7%

• Total voters

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
2 lost.

The luck-o-meter has now notched down to - 2 with albion's luck all evening out except for bad luck results v Man Utd and Burnley.

So we are due some lucky points to get back to parity.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
2 dropped very similar to stoke and Everton games where we just lack that quality ball or finish to turn 1 point into 3.

Plus points kept the ball really well today and pressed Burnley well. Main concern is goals have dried up and we need to address that quickly as cannot draw our way to safety

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Bit of both. Great 1st half. Should of been in front but 2nd they shaded it. Ryan named MOTM showed that they created some very good openings. Shows at this level with the chances you have to take the few opening you get.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We definitely should have started the season with 2 threads running simultaneously:-

'... is going to keep us up'

&

'... is the reason for our inevitable relegation'.

At the moment all these home draws would have featured heavily in both threads, depending on if you're a half full or half empty kind of poster.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
2 dropped, we should of been 2-0 up at the break.
Burnley were exactly what I expected. Kill the game and try and pinch a 1-0.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
2 points dropped, in exactly the same way as conceding a needless penalty in the last minute, in a game where Rooney is the penalty taker.

You can only drop 2 points at home so often, before you're a little bit f*cked.

And we've done that 5 times in a row now.

Don't bode well at all.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
2 points dropped, in exactly the same way as conceding a needless penalty in the last minute, in a game where Rooney is the penalty taker.

You can only drop 2 points at home so often, before you're a little bit f*cked.

And we've done that 5 times in a row now.

Don't bode well at all.

5 from 6. You’re forgetting Liverpool. Understandable.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Dropped ffs, outside people were saying "it's still a point" NO you morons these points will mean nothing if we go down

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Well it would mean nothing if we got 3 and went down. Point gained for me, could have/should have been 3 though
So it's two lost then!?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Before the game, given our complete lack of ambition recently and Burnley’s form, I would have taken a point. However with the purple patch early in the game and the fact we missed a penalty whilst on top, it’s two points lost.

That was the most depressed I’ve been post match all season. If we don’t sign the quality of striker we need in January I think we’ll go down. The fact that we have had no luck all season doesn’t help but you could see briefly found confidence drain from the team after the penalty miss.

I don’t think we played badly but we are so predictable and easy to defend against. Not enough flair, pace or quality in the final third

This result has ruined my weekend.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Earlier this week I described home draws as death by a thousand cuts.

A draw next week would be poor against a side that are not on form.

A win will leave us relatively well placed at the half way mark.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
2 dropped very similar to stoke and Everton games where we just lack that quality ball or finish to turn 1 point into 3.

Plus points kept the ball really well today and pressed Burnley well. Main concern is goals have dried up and we need to address that quickly as cannot draw our way to safety
Actually that wouldn't be impossible. 38 points might well be enough to keep us up. Emphasis on 'might', of course - I think we probably need 40+ to be safe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here