Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tarkowski (Dirty B'stad)

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Can Tarkowski be punished retrospectively for his elbow into Murray's ribs off the ball ? 100% intentional.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
As long as he only gets a TWO match ban.

Don't want him banned when Burnley play Huddersfield, do we ? ???

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Does compose a lovely tune though to be fair.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I’m not a fan of retrospective action. Any action against a player should only be to the advantage of the side they are currently playing when the incident occurred. If other opposition benefit from the subsequent ban then that is just not fair and as mentioned by Blue Valkyrie can further penalise the team on the other end of the original incident.

In some ways the same applies to goal line technology and VAR. There are several incidents that are missed by a referee during a game and any one of them could have an effect on something later on. I say keep it simple and let the referees decision be final and accept that it probably evens out over a season. Also go back to the simple offside rule about when the ball is played forward and being in an offside position. I think there are probably more incorrect offside decisions now than there ever were.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
I’m not a fan of retrospective action. Any action against a player should only be to the advantage of the side they are currently playing when the incident occurred. If other opposition benefit from the subsequent ban then that is just not fair and as mentioned by Blue Valkyrie can further penalise the team on the other end of the original incident.

In some ways the same applies to goal line technology and VAR. There are several incidents that are missed by a referee during a game and any one of them could have an effect on something later on. I say keep it simple and let the referees decision be final and accept that it probably evens out over a season. Also go back to the simple offside rule about when the ball is played forward and being in an offside position. I think there are probably more incorrect offside decisions now than there ever were.

Disagree. Especially when it affects the outcome of a game. The dig in the ribs was intentional and took Murray out - our striker in their penalty area.
The results stay the same either way so you are getting your 'all evens out/part of the game' bit, but retrospective punishments will help to curb the shitty cheating/diving/fouling off the ball etc.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
If Hemed was banned retrospectively for the alleged "stamp" on Yedlin, Tarkowski should be retrospectively banned for the elbow on Murray.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here