Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Anyone ever used a travel pillow?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Any good?

I've got a 12 hour flight back to England on monday. I hate the flight. I want to sleep more than the couple of 30 minutes usually manage. As such I'm considering the travel pillow. They've always looked stupid and frankly useless but I've never tried one so thought I'd check out NSC's vast knowledge and opinion.

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
Any good?

I've got a 12 hour flight back to England on monday. I hate the flight. I want to sleep more than the couple of 30 minutes usually manage. As such I'm considering the travel pillow. They've always looked stupid and frankly useless but I've never tried one so thought I'd check out NSC's vast knowledge and opinion.

Regually use one on my flights,find them very relaxing on a plane

Bod

Dec 8, 2015
I can normally sleep on a plane. Ear plugs and an eye mask are essential. I like a travel pillow but could probably just about get away with the pillows that are supplied.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I’ve done the proper travelling thing where you spend hours on flights and really awful coaches. Travel pillows (good ones) are a God send.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I can normally sleep on a plane. Ear plugs and an eye mask are essential. I like a travel pillow but could probably just about get away with the pillows that are supplied.

It's a slippery slope, I now rarely sleep at home without ear plugs, an eye mask and knee high compression socks (for restless legs). I have to say though, it's not a bad look.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I fly from Australia every couple of years, wouldn't do without one. Essential.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
It supports your neck which helps stop the head-nod that wakes you up.

Used one on overnight flights to South Africa + as others have mentioned, ear plugs and eye mask - also doctor prescribed me a handful of Tamazepam [sleeping tablets] took one and the lights went out while still taxiing on the runway = sorted

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
I've been to Oz a few times and the leg from Dubai to Sydney is a killer. On my last return trip I maxed out my credit card and upgraded to Business, a lot dearer than a neck pillow but we'll worth the experience just for bucket list purposes.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I've been to Oz a few times and the leg from Dubai to Sydney is a killer. On my last return trip I maxed out my credit card and upgraded to Business, a lot dearer than a neck pillow but we'll worth the experience just for bucket list purposes.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

That must have cost a fricking fortune

Jul 7, 2003
It supports your neck which helps stop the head-nod that wakes you up.

Totally agree. Buy one of the proper filled ones though - not the blow up ones - and check the material as some of the polyester ones do make your neck a bit sweaty after a while.

If you are flying regularly, a pair of noise cancelling headphones is a worthwhile purchase. The good ones help even if there is no music playing in cutting out the engine noise.

If you struggle to get to sleep, cognac and night nurse taken just before take off helps!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here