Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

List of nice places to live in Sussex

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Strike said:
Well if I had my way, I would love to live in one of the pretty villages, near Brighton like

Here are my favs
Ditchling
Plumpton
Falmer
Hurstpierpoint
Cuckfield

any other suggestions?

Is there actually anythign in many of those villages?

Shit transport links and lack of facilities in most of them.

Falmer is a pub and a pond, a dual carriageway and two horrible university campuses. It would look much better with a football stadium.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
I am quite happy living in Aldrington :clap2:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Parts of Hurstpierpoint are nice, other parts are sadly being overrun by the chav scum offcasts of burgess hill:(

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Arundel. Beers in the Norfolk Arms, a leisurley walk alongside the Arun, past the castle, over the little wooden bridge at the Mill and then a heart feed in the Black Rabbit.

happy days.

Mayfield, Rotherfield, Frant (just), Groombridge, Fletching, Burwash, Colemans Hatch,

I LOVE SUSSEX

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Strike said:
Well if I had my way, I would love to live in one of the pretty villages, near Brighton like

Here are my favs
Ditchling
Plumpton
Falmer
Hurstpierpoint
Cuckfield

any other suggestions?

I have always wanted to live in a village like those, within two minutes walk of the local pub. My father in law lives in Plumpton with the pub just up the road with Harvey's on tap. And the racing on the door step.

Little Common/Cooden is a nice area in Bexhill, despite being god's waiting room

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
I possibly would have to learn to drive strightway if I wanted to live in those villages. I am thinking of moving somewhere like Burgess Hill/ Haywards Heath area in the next few years, where its quiet and laid back. I quite like Burgess Hill, despite the slagging off it has received today, it has good transport links etc, also i would be near Brighton. Although Haywards Heaths not that bad as well, I would consider it if I was offered a home there.

Last edited:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Somewhere like Ripe, Piddinghoe or Rodmell...

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I actually LOVE where I live at the moment (when I am there)

2 mins to Withdean, 5 mins to PP station, and the best boozer in Brighton THE STATION, just 2 minutes there, about 20 back uphill after a skinfull !

Seagull Stew

Cooden, Arundel and anywhere East of Hastings and South of Hawkhurst (The Rye area).

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
samparish said:
Parts of Hurstpierpoint are nice, other parts are sadly being overrun by the chav scum offcasts of burgess hill:(

Seconded. Haywards Heath is too far from the motorway, and Burgess Hill has only small patches of acceptability. I quite like the idea of somewhere like Withdean, near enough to central Brighton without being in it, and only minutes from the A23.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here