Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Last minute travel advice please.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Tomorrow will be the 1st time I have travel down to Brighton for a game in the car since we left the Goldstone. As it will be my youngest sons 1st visit am planning on a couple of hours in Brighton centre before the game. Straight after the game will be heading back up north. So was wondering where is best to park and at what sort of cost. An Idea I had but not sure if its a good one is to park at Lewes station, catch the train into Brighton 1st, then train up to Falmer for the game then back to the car at Lewes. Good idea or not? And if so what sort of cost would parking be.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Tomorrow will be the 1st time I have travel down to Brighton for a game in the car since we left the Goldstone. As it will be my youngest sons 1st visit am planning on a couple of hours in Brighton centre before the game. Straight after the game will be heading back up north. So was wondering where is best to park and at what sort of cost. An Idea I had but not sure if its a good one is to park at Lewes station, catch the train into Brighton 1st, then train up to Falmer for the game then back to the car at Lewes. Good idea or not? And if so what sort of cost would parking be.

Not a bad idea.....driving in and out much easier, and parking much cheaper. Most of the car parks in Lewes are £2-4, the one at the station is a bit more. Trains not usually a problem on a Saturday.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Not a bad idea.....driving in and out much easier, and parking much cheaper. Most of the car parks in Lewes are £2-4, the one at the station is a bit more. Trains not usually a problem on a Saturday.

Thanks, will go for that then.

theboybilly

You've picked the worst Saturday to do this but I would give the Mountfield carpark (right by Lewes FC) a go. If that is full you can try Mountfield Road itself for pay/display parking. Get there as early as you can and then enjoy a couple of hours soaking up the atmosphere at the ground.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Park and ride at Mithras House on Lewes Rd or Racecourse will save you the drive to Lewes!

Probably easier to get from Lewes to Brighton pre-match on the shuttle trains than from the racecourse though, and quicker to head North after from Lewes too.....

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Or Burgess Hill or Hassocks? Slower away after, though, as you have to go via Brighton.

Not sure about Burgess Hill but there’s free street parking near Hassocks station and the pay car park is pretty cheap at the weekend anyway.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Cheers guys. I actually went to Lewes by the traffic between Heathrow and Dorking on the m25 was crap so took longer than anticipated. Got on the train at Lewes around 2ish so went straight to the ground. Coming down again this Saturday for the Watford game so need to set off slightly earlier. So next question after m25 west was so busy ... m1.. m25 west or a1 ... m25 East. ?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Cheers guys. I actually went to Lewes by the traffic between Heathrow and Dorking on the m25 was crap so took longer than anticipated. Got on the train at Lewes around 2ish so went straight to the ground. Coming down again this Saturday for the Watford game so need to set off slightly earlier. So next question after m25 west was so busy ... m1.. m25 west or a1 ... m25 East. ?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Total luck on the day.....

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I come down from the A12 junction every week, rarely any problems.
If you go that way I'd suggest getting into the outside lane between J 29 & 30 to avoid the lakeside Christmas traffic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here