Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Petrol Tanker at Wembley

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
With all the high security going on at football grounds, the bollards being placed on roads and the five lines of searches going in to the ground, I was very surprised to be met by a massive petrol tanker using the small road right outside the ground as we left at the end of the match. It was at the bottom of the steps leading to the coach park. Surely this has to be the biggest security risk of all time. I know it is highly unlikely that ISIS would want to blow up Wembley with 70,000 people in it, but there again!
Just me thinking out loud.

With all the high security going on at football grounds, the bollards being placed on roads and the five lines of searches going in to the ground, I was very surprised to be met by a massive petrol tanker using the small road right outside the ground as we left at the end of the match. It was at the bottom of the steps leading to the coach park. Surely this has to be the biggest security risk of all time. I know it is highly unlikely that ISIS would want to blow up Wembley with 70,000 people in it, but there again!
Amazing!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
With all the high security going on at football grounds, the bollards being placed on roads and the five lines of searches going in to the ground, I was very surprised to be met by a massive petrol tanker using the small road right outside the ground as we left at the end of the match. It was at the bottom of the steps leading to the coach park. Surely this has to be the biggest security risk of all time.

Sounds pretty fuelish.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

I saw that, but it didn't cross my mind. Must admit I was more worried about the fact that it was pitch black, street lights not working and the dreadful state of the route back to the coaches.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I saw that, but it didn't cross my mind. Must admit I was more worried about the fact that it was pitch black, street lights not working and the dreadful state of the route back to the coaches.

I commented on that. £90 to park the coaches in a muddy patch, stewards with lit batons, because the street lights were out, and three sets of barriers which had cars going down the middle.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Thought this was rhyming slang for the spurs prick giving the cut throat signs to the right of us

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I thought the Petrol Tanker is going to ref the Chelsea game ? ???

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I commented on that. £90 to park the coaches in a muddy patch, stewards with lit batons, because the street lights were out, and three sets of barriers which had cars going down the middle.

£320 for England internationals. Begs the question, when are we going to retaliate against clubs charging us for coach parking?

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Disturbing stuff. Was in the Spurs end on Wednesday night. Lined up for an ale at half time for ten minutes and was confronted by two jubilant Spurs fans just in front of me who had purchased the final two pints as the barrel was empty. Outrageous. That'll be my lasting memory of our first top flight jaunt in 34 years:albion2:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here