Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Sky Q

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
I am getting Sky Q for Crimbo! The only person I know who has it is my father who is too old to appreciate it and cant use the remotes or find the menus.

Does anyone else have it and is it as glorious as I hope it will be?

And before the Virgin fanboys attack, it was a free upgrade after a moan so I now have the box set package with fibre unlimited and the 1tb Q box for £55.

And before the Kodi fanboys attack I stream Show box and Terrarium TV through my Xbox

And before the PS fanboys attack I am 45 and dont care.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Yep, took up Sky about 6 weeks ago and came with 1TB Q box

I like the interface - I upgraded [£20] to the Bluetooth remote control that does voice recognition - I've had several Humax boxes previously which have got progressively worse in terms of quality. The interface is snappy and simple to use.

I have it cabled to my BB router [WiFi also available] so it integrates well with catch-up tv.

So far, it's a like from me.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007

I like the interface - I upgraded [£20] to the Bluetooth remote control that does voice recognition - I've had several Humax boxes previously which have got progressively worse in terms of quality. The interface is snappy and simple to use.

I have it cabled to my BB router [WiFi also available] so it integrates well with catch-up tv.

Yes but can you get Fred Dineage and Sangeeeeeta

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud

I wanted that remote, my father has that so I assumed it was included. Certainly I wasnt asked if I wanted it. I hope sky don't let me down I don't want another rant :rant:

Albion100

Jan 4, 2013
Patcham
Yes I've had it for about 3 months and it is great. I much prefer it now that I have got used to it. The box sets etc and films are very easy to use and find. The best feature is the voice recognition as it makes it simple to search for programmes and its great for my 5 year old who has learnt that he can say what he wants into the remote and it will come on! Also there is so much more storage. I don't think you'll be dissapointed.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
Yes I've had it for about 3 months and it is great. I much prefer it now that I have got used to it. The box sets etc and films are very easy to use and find. The best feature is the voice recognition as it makes it simple to search for programmes and its great for my 5 year old who has learnt that he can say what he wants into the remote and it will come on! Also there is so much more storage. I don't think you'll be dissapointed.

SO my Q box will listen to me and change the channel, my Amazon dot will listen to me and turn on the lights and play music yet my wife will totally ignore me as usual.............

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
To be fair to your dad the remotes aren't that easy to use. I do like the voice recognition although talking to a remote control is a bit bizarre

The Original

Jan 25, 2010
50.83295°N 0.26815°W
Should have got the 2TB box as that supports 4K (UHD) assuming you have the correct TV set up etc. and voice remote as standard. Had Sky Q since last Dec - superb. Even better as had -60% discount for 12 months and just renegotiated a further 18 months discount.

Shirty

Daring to Zlatan
Yep, we've had it for just over a year, with 1 main box and 3 small boxes. It is very good, but we also find it very unreliable. When we first had it there wasnt a day went by when we didnt have to reboot at least one box and we were on the verge of telling them to come and take it away again. It has improved a lot, but we're still having to reboot a box at least once a week.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Got it too and think it's great. Main box and two mini boxes.

Big pluses for me are that each box is a mini wifi hotspot. I'm in quite a weak reception area so this is a big help in my house.

Although a bit redundant now - I also like the fact I can watch BT Sport through each box whereas before it was tied to one card as I had Sky Multiroom.

The iPad app is also good as it turns it into another tv.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Getting it soon, just got a job at Sky and they provide the whole package.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

We cut down our sky package so we just have the basic sky sports and the TVs etc for 18 months....I want Eurosport, but have to sign up for another package we got rid of......as I don't have any sky hd channels, can I have BT sport or will they say as I haven't got sky hd I can't have BT hd or Eurosport hd? Anyone know?

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
You’re gonna love it, best 12 quid you could ever spend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here