Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Sunday School

Brother wants to send his little boy to Sunday school and asked my opinion.

Personally I think anyone who teaches religion is a wrong un, best avoided, in positions where they are able to abuse.

What does NSC think?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

Personally I think anyone who teaches religion is a wrong un, best avoided, in positions where they are able to abuse.

What does NSC think?
Your nephew is, statistically, far more likely to be abused by you or your brother than by a Sunday School teacher.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Seems unfair to subject a child to any type of schooling at the weekend after a week at school let alone religious stuff. I exclude football training !

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I went to Sunday school when all my friends were playing football. I resent it to this day!

However I do think the basic concept of teaching good v bad through story telling is no bad thing for children, I just wish that the whole God thing could be dropped and a more believable concept of goodness could be introduced. Some of the traditions of church going are crazy outdated stuff and they need to change this. The church needs to modernise or it will cease to exist.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Because he trusts me.

So having given your opinion, why are you seeking affirmation from Nsc? Are you not secure in your opinion?

Btw, Moshe is right. Over 90% of child abusers are within a child's family not strangers, teachers etc.

All churches have young children's work, not necessarily called Sunday school any more, and all youth and children's workers are CRB checked.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Each to their own. I enjoyed the colouring in and historical tales actually when I was kid! And I’d hardly say I’m indoctrinated. Certainly don’t go to Church these days. No harm therefore, might meet lifelong friends etc. Region is too often criticised and tarred by the extremities brush. The reality is way different ie Ordinary kind gentle folk with a decent set of morales and belief system. And if you think it’s all bonkers, let’s face it, none of us on here pass the rationality test by virtue of following the Albion!

So having given your opinion, why are you seeking affirmation from Nsc? Are you not secure in your opinion?

Btw, Moshe is right. Over 90% of child abusers are within a child's family not strangers, teachers etc.

All churches have young children's work, not necessarily called Sunday school any more, and all youth and children's workers are CRB checked.

Don't they just play with crayons?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

What does NSC think?

WTF?! How do you jump from Sunday school - usually governed by parents - to kiddy fiddling? Seriously, have a word!

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
My wife told me that her parents sent her and her brother to Sunday school when they were young so that her parents could shag uninterupted on a sunday morning...................sounds like a plan:thumbsup:

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
img_5573.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here