Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Summer Striker Targets - How are they doing this season? Do you still want any of them?

Fancy any of the summer targets?

• Andone

Votes: 14 60.9%
  • Babacar

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Zohore

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Niasse

Votes: 9 39.1%

• Total voters

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
As we know our scouting department will have been tracking these players for a while, so I could imagine there is some chance we will go back in for a bid for one of our summer striker targets. I thought it'd be interesting to look how they've been getting on and if NSC still FANCIES any of them. I'm not including Jovetic here as he ended up signing for Monaco during the summer (and was frankly a pipe dream anyway). Apologies if I've forgotten anyone!

Khouma Babacar - Fiorentina (10th in Serie A)
0 League starts and 12 substitute appearances this season scoring 3 goals.
Played a total of 309m - 103m/goal.
Average rating 6.44

Raphael Dwamena - FC Zurich (3rd in Super Swiss League) HIGHLY UNLIKELY
19 appearances and 8 goals so far this season - has been passed fit to continue playing.

Vincent Jansen - Tottenham (on loan at Fenebache) UNAVAILABLE
9 League starts and 2 substitute appearances this season scoring 2 goals.
Played a total of 753m - 377m/goal
Average Rating 6.80

Tammy Abraham - Chelsea (on loan at Swansea) UNAVAILABLE
12 League starts and 4 substitute appearances this season scoring 4 goals.
Played a total of 1135m - 284m/goal
Average Rating 6.61

Oumar Niasse - Everton (10th in Premier League)
4 League starts and 4 substitute appearances this season scoring 5 goals.
Played a total of 425m - 85m/goal
Average rating 6.83

Kenneth Zohore - Cardiff (2nd in Championship)
12 League starts and 3 goals this season. Been out injured since mid October.
Played a total of 1025m - 342m/goal
Average rating 7.07

Florin Andone - Deportivo (17th in La Liga)
6 League starts and 6 substitute appearances this season scoring 2 goals.
Played a total of 635m - 318m/goal
Average rating 6.26

Abraham and Janssen are unavailable as they are currently on season long loan deals so those two are out the picture. I imagine that despite carrying on his playing career there is no chance the club will be taking a risk on him after our medical advice.

That leaves Babacar, Andone, Niasse and Zohore.

Babacar - he's not starting regularly and with Fiorentina in mid table they may be willing to sell.

Andone - also not starting regularly but with Deportivo near the relegation zone they may be reluctant to sell, although on the flip side they may wish to cash in to strengthen elsewhere.

Niasse - not had much of a look in this season but still scoring goals. Big Sam is apparently looking to add a striker in January so Niasse may be off. If Everton are still around the relegation places in January I can't seem them selling to us as a relegation rival - for this deal to happen I imagine we'll have to see Everton push up the table.

Zohore - with Cardiff looking at the possibility of automatic promotion it seems unlikely they'll want to weaken the squad although they have been doing just fine without Zohore due to his injury and may want to cash in and strengthen the squad elsewhere.

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8242407 said:
Niasse - not had much of a look in this season but still scoring goals. Big Sam is apparently looking to add a striker in January so Niasse may be off. If Everton are still around the relegation places in January I can't seem them selling to us as a relegation rival - for this deal to happen I imagine we'll have to see Everton push up the table.

You surely don't mean 10th place Everton, who are already over halfway to safety having won the last 4 of their last 5 games (Inc Europa League) and drawing the 5th...

Last edited:

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
I'd take Niasse on loan if Everton make him available in January, with an option to buy perhaps if he impresses for us. Andone and Babacar don't really know much about, Zohore not good enough

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Andone wanted to come, everything was agreed until Deportivo failed to land his replacement due to injury, even then Andone put in a transfer request to try and force the transfer through, i think this one will happen and nice to see a player who actually wants to sign.

I would like to see Babacar too but didn't he turn us down even after Fiorentina agreed the fee? If so cant see that one happening.

Niasse, i wasn't keen on in the summer but because of our interest have probably watched him more than i would have otherwise, he's actually not bad, i'd be happy if we signed him, but Everton have been using him so maybe they've changed their mind about selling him, hes not a bad back up option for them.

The other one that has been linked is Dembele at Celtic, bags of potential and still young, would be more than happy to have him and Florin Andone as a front two.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here