Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How many players do we need to get in the January transfer window?

How many players do we need to get in the January transfer window?

• 0 - we're just perfect as we are

Votes: 2 0.8%

Votes: 12 5.0%

Votes: 53 22.1%

Votes: 119 49.6%

Votes: 38 15.8%

Votes: 10 4.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7 or more

Votes: 6 2.5%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
How many do you think we need to make a good fist of this Premier League survival malarkey, and what positions?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Three...dependant on Sidwell update we’ve been lucky with injuries..SO FAR and the midfield looks knackered

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It depends...

1 - Striker to replace Skalak in the 25.

2 - Midfielder to replace Murphy in the 25.

3 - U21 Striker (Dembele) if we are lucky.

4 - Central defender IF DUNK GOES.

5 - Central defender if Goldson goes on loan.

( Remembering Home Grown Player requirements. )

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I've chosen 2 - striker and centre back - based on the possibility that we might have bids for Dunk

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
4 for me.

A striker - obviously....

Another striker on the basis Murray is 34, Hemed struggling and Baldock a sicknote.

Another centre mid with a bit of creativity. I'm not convinced by Stephens and Propper.

A right back.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

If we get a top quality striker we crave, then that would be enough to keep us up.

Maybe a couple more if not.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I am not too worried about a defensive midfielder as Sidwell is on his way back and can do that job but we have nobody who looks like scoring a goal from CM.

I wonder what Sturridge would cost in fee and wages as he is only a bit player at Liverpool?

I believe he is on £120,000 a week, but I doubt they would allow him to go out on loan. Danny Ings would be more likely to go out on loan, but may still be beyond our means at £60,000 a week. Either player would be a gamble because of their injury history.

Would we want to blow all of our budget on a striker? Personally I would say yes, get the best possible player we can and pray he hits the ground running.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Two ideally. Striker and defensive midfield.

That said, I'm inclined to agree that whatever budget we have should go on the best striker we can get.

Think it's unrealistic to bring in more than two unless CH is VERY confident they could integrate seamlessly.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
4 for me.

A striker - obviously....

Another striker on the basis Murray is 34, Hemed struggling and Baldock a sicknote.

Another centre mid with a bit of creativity. I'm not convinced by Stephens and Propper.

A right back.

Largely agree with this, but would replace the right back with defensive cover in general so Goldson can go out on loan.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
No point getting our hopes up for a striker..... again.

Remember, we've already signed Viktor Gyokeres :wink:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I am not too worried about a defensive midfielder as Sidwell is on his way back and can do that job but we have nobody who looks like scoring a goal from CM.

I wonder what Sturridge would cost in fee and wages as he is only a bit player at Liverpool?

Has there been anything recent about him....only last time i heard there was no date set for his return

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
When you look at our starting 11 and the bench in the last 3 games, for me it is clear that we need at least 5 new players and not any players, players with premier league experience, who can fight.

3 strikers. If we get 1 and he gets injured we have no back up. If we get 2 and one of them in injured we have no back up. So a definite 3 for me. Lets face it our current attacking options are not up to the job.

A never say die ATTACKING midfielder (Lampard style) who can cover the ground Gross does but scores goals and is near the box every time we attack.

A right back as Bruno is now a liability and teams have worked out he is our weakest link, so most attacks come from their left.

That all won't happen but happy to answer the OP's question.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here